6D mark II is out... any news about full frame mirrorless?

May 15, 2014
Re: Mirrorless and EVF is now primetime

Aglet said:
I didn't buy Fuji's XT2 this time around... too many little niggles about it I didn't like for the price point. I hear the EVF is pretty much imroved over my XT1 for action work.

Really? My buddy owns both the X-T1 and X-T2 and I didn't see/feel any real difference between the viewfinders. Both are large (great magnification) and very solid view finders, but suffer essentially the same limitations. Poor color (no WYSIWYG despite how many people claim so), a tiny bit of lag, refresh issue... standard stuff for all EVFs. Either way, they seemed pretty similar to me.

Upvote 0
AvTvM said:
;-)
exactly. also when it comes to soze of gear. my EOS M has 45.000 clicks, my 5D III has 4.500 - sole reason is size & weight of gear.

But my point is, a hypothetical "6DM" wouldn't be the size and weight of your M. It probably wouldn't even be the size and weight of your A7. If a 6D with 40STM is too big for your venues to allow (which, again, beggars belief, but we'll go with that for now), the mirrorless version probably would be too. What are they opposed to - nice chunky ergonomic grips? That's what the M and A7 lack, but I don't see Canon skipping that on a FFM.

Upvote 0