85mm Mk2 L rocks - show your best...

Jan 29, 2011
Pookie said:
privatebydesign said:
I don't understand how this image illustrates that the 85mm f1.2 "Rocks".

Could somebody explain to me what is interesting, special, unique, pleasing or otherwise demonstrates the "rock"ing capacity of the 85 f1.2?

You don't understand a lot ::)

Yes, I know, but could you explain to me what is interesting, special, unique, pleasing or otherwise demonstrates the "rock"ing capacity of the 85 f1.2?

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010
Here's a snap from a sunny outing with the kids. She just wanted to joke around, so this is the least crazy expression I had. Lit by a B1 in a 1x4' strip and the sun as rim. @f1.6.

m326.jpg

Upvote 0
P

Pookie

privatebydesign said:
Pookie said:
privatebydesign said:

Could somebody explain to me what is interesting, special, unique, pleasing or otherwise demonstrates the "rock"ing capacity of the 85 f1.2?

Yes, I know, but could you explain to me what is interesting, special, unique, pleasing or otherwise demonstrates the "rock"ing capacity of the 85 f1.2?

It's all that compression :)

I love that I own your number and can rattle your cage whenever I want...

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Yes Viggo's images consistently illustrate great lighting techniques and the unique characteristics of a piece of equipment, in this case HSS and f1.6, thanks for demonstrating what the gear can actually do in the hands of somebody who knows how to use it.

Makes a pleasant change from the people who can't light or pose and think a shot at f5.6 illustrates anything.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Pookie said:
privatebydesign said:
Pookie said:
privatebydesign said:

Seriously? You think I am rattled? Far from it my friend, I enjoy our 'talks'.

Clearly even you can't actually explain to me what is interesting, special, unique, pleasing or otherwise demonstrates the "rock"ing capacity of the 85 f1.2 in your shot, can you? Because nothing does, you just resort to insults, after all anybody could replicate that image with a halogen desk lamp and a $300 85mm lens.

I am not insulting you but I am still wondering what you think your shot is illustrating with regards the 85 f1.2 and it's ability to "Rock".

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010
privatebydesign said:
Yes Viggo's images consistently illustrate great lighting techniques and the unique characteristics of a piece of equipment, in this case HSS and f1.6, thanks for demonstrating what the gear can actually do in the hands of somebody who knows how to use it.

Makes a pleasant change from the people who can't light or pose and think a shot at f5.6 illustrates anything.

Thanks! I find that battling the harsh sunlight is very difficult, but it's a free, already setup, edge light ;) I really enjoy the smaller setup I have now, less options is good for me. And if anyone considers a B1, I highly recommend it, except if you are a pro and need a whole days worth of battery juice, you would need 4 batteries that are hugely expensive. But for a hobbyist it's wonderful.

Upvote 0
P

Pookie

privatebydesign said:
Pookie said:
privatebydesign said:
Pookie said:
privatebydesign said:

Seriously? You think I am rattled? Far from it my friend, I enjoy our 'talks'.

Clearly even you can't actually explain to me what is interesting, special, unique, pleasing or otherwise demonstrates the "rock"ing capacity of the 85 f1.2 in your shot, can you? Because nothing does, you just resort to insults, after all anybody could replicate that image with a halogen desk lamp and a $300 85mm lens.

I am not insulting you but I am still wondering what you think your shot is illustrating with regards the 85 f1.2 and it's ability to "Rock".

Trying to explain to you "why" is like explaining calculus to chimps, a complete waste time. You live to be a forum troll. I know I have your number because you can't control yourself. how'd you like the admin's here removing all your crappy trolling before you changed your story on this thread?

I'll do something better... I'll show you. More than you have ever done. Why not show me with your own work?

Upvote 0