A bit more about the upcoming Canon Cinema EOS C500 Mark II

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
We posted some Canon Cinema EOS C500 Mark II specifications a couple of weeks ago, and we continue to receive trickles of new information about the soon-to-be-announced camera.
We have received some confirmation that the Cinema EOS C500 Mark II will have the same full-frame sensor as the Cinema EOS C700FF, and will be capable of recording in 5.9K internally to the CFexpress.
The same source said that the camera will cost under $20,000 USD.
The announcement for the Canon Cinema EOS C500 Mark II is scheduled for the first week of September ahead of IBC.
Alongside the new Cinema Camera, Canon will also announce a new 31″ 4K HDR display ahead of IBC in September.

Continue reading...

I am sure it will be a big hit.....to anyone's pockets.....
The likelihood of many of these selling will be on frame rates, was I disappointed with lack of time code and frame rates when the c200 came out? Yes but I found work arounds and I love that camera. Will people like myself get rid of their c200’s and 300’s to get this? Maybe, sure a 5.9k sensor sounds fun but it all depends on the codecs. Red might have a lot of flaws but you can get into their world for 15-20k and get all the frame rates and data rates you can dream of. I personally don’t care for red and like Sony and canon for filmmakers, I might be a canon loyalist but when it comes time for certain work I have to rent a different camera and I as-well as many others who are owner operators would love to stop renting other gear and rent ours out. I hope canon doesn’t mess this up.

Upvote 0
Sep 26, 2018
No, they've got to save something for the MkIII version to add. Besides, what do people need p24 for? Are they shooting movies to show in theaters with these or something?

In general I agree with you that it's a silly thing to worry about, but... this is a *Cinema* camera. So here it probably does matter.

Upvote 0

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia
The likelihood of many of these selling will be on frame rates, was I disappointed with lack of time code and frame rates when the c200 came out? Yes but I found work arounds and I love that camera. Will people like myself get rid of their c200’s and 300’s to get this? Maybe, sure a 5.9k sensor sounds fun but it all depends on the codecs. Red might have a lot of flaws but you can get into their world for 15-20k and get all the frame rates and data rates you can dream of. I personally don’t care for red and like Sony and canon for filmmakers, I might be a canon loyalist but when it comes time for certain work I have to rent a different camera and I as-well as many others who are owner operators would love to stop renting other gear and rent ours out. I hope canon doesn’t mess this up.
all the higher end cinema cameras seem like flops. I never heard or seen anyone use or talk about them outside of promo vids.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0