A Canon EOS R7 C is on the way, but not in 2022 [CR3]

Atlasman

EOS R6 MKII
CR Pro
May 14, 2020
I am a video guy and I have a mix of full frame and S35 cameras. One of the things that made me decide to get an R5C was that you could use it in both full frame and S35 modes and get a nice, oversampled 4K 10bit 422 output in both modes. The R5C is the only oversampled S35 4K cinema camera that Canon has. I'm not sure what a crop frame mirrorless cinema camera will provide other than maybe a cheaper price point. But it would have to be significantly cheaper because I'm not sure why people would want to give up the option of using full frame even if their preference is for S35.
If the R7C will have 7K 60P, that's enough reason for me to buy such a camera. I used the Panasonic GH6 for a week and loved shooting in the 6K 60p format.

Upvote 0
Dec 25, 2017
We don't need an R7C! We want an R6C! Not everyone needs 8K/7K/what-have-you. A potential R6C could bring us 5.5K RAW video... That would be an INSTANT buy for me. I love my R6 and would love to see a 'cinema EOS' version of it.
Maybe the R5 with an Atomos Ninja would be an option for you?
It also offers 4k120 which is awesome to have in my experience :)

Upvote 0
Maybe the R5 with an Atomos Ninja would be an option for you?
It also offers 4k120 which is awesome to have in my experience :)
Can't work with prores raw :/ - I'm a Davinci user. Plus the R5 would be a waste of money for me because I have no use for the 8K footage, it's just too much for me, because not only would I have to shell out a money for the camera, I'd have to beef up my computer even more than I already have to make it process those files, and then work with managing the sheer size of those files, it's just too much. There has to be a balance. I'm looking into the R3 more and more because it can shoot 6K Raw which is more reasonable to me, but at a huge cost, so not for a few years most likely. I use my R6 with a Blackmagic View Assist 12G HDR 5" to record prores externally and it is awesome, I wish Canon could add the ability to do blackmagic raw externally like what Panasonic is doing...

Upvote 0