Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<strong>Product Overview</strong></p>
<p dir="ltr" align="left"><strong>Master your digital photography workflow

</strong>Ranking, optimization and sharing – Lightroom together in one fast, intuitive application all tools dedicated to digital photography.</p>
<p dir="ltr" align="left"><strong>Bring out the best of each photo

</strong>Test your ideas freely with non-destructive tools – your original pictures remain intact. Lightroom lets you optimize every pixel of your photos, they were taken with a professional digital SLR camera or mobile phone.</p>
<p dir="ltr" align="left"><strong>Key features of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6</strong></p>
<p dir="ltr" align="left"><strong>Environment nondestructive

</strong>Unleash your creativity in a nondestructive editing environment that allows you to test your ideas freely. The originals remain intact and you can easily cancel your edits or save multiple versions of a cliché.</p>
<p dir="ltr" align="left"><strong>Advanced conversion feature black and white

</strong>Monitor closely the tonal qualities so essential to the black and white photos. Combine precisely the information of eight color layers in the grayscale conversion.</p>
<p dir="ltr" align="left"><strong>Development predefined settings

</strong>Save time by instantly applying the desired effect to your images.</p>
<p dir="ltr" align="left">Just save develop settings as a preset and apply them to other photos in a click. If Lightroom includes dozens of presets, thousands more are offered by third parties.</p>
<p dir="ltr" align="left"><strong>Face Recognition

</strong>Quickly find pictures of loved ones, even without metadata tags. You select a face on the photo, Lightroom and search the person it belongs to all of your other shots. Sort and group your photos by faces.</p>
<p dir="ltr" align="left"><strong>Sophisticated Healing Brush

</strong>Get best pictures with one touch. Set the brush size and move it according to specific plots. Unwanted items and other imperfections, including irregular shapes son type, magically disappear.</p>
<p dir="ltr" align="left"><strong>Upright (Vertically)

</strong>Straighten skewed images with a single click. The Upright tool (Vertically) analyzes the image and detects horizontal or vertical lines inclined. It can even recover images without horizon.</p>
<p dir="ltr" align="left"><strong>Merge to HDR

</strong>Create realistic or surreal images from high-contrast scenes. By merging HDR, you can easily combine photos with different exposures into a single HDR image.</p>
<p dir="ltr" align="left"><strong>Fusion panoramas

</strong>Realize XXL ultra detailed panoramas. Photo merge technology lets you merge multiple images, including raw files, to create panoramas out of the ordinary.</p>
<p dir="ltr" align="left"><strong>Performance gains

</strong>Import and refine your photos in record time. Lightroom leverages compatible graphics process to get you better performance, especially when you edit your images in the Develop module.</p>
<p dir="ltr" align="left"><strong>Sophisticated video slideshows

</strong>Create stunning slideshows combining still images, movies and music, and supplement them with pan and zoom effects, for example.</p>
<p dir="ltr" align="left"><strong>Optimized web galleries

</strong>Present your work in the most elegant web galleries, more attractive and interactive. The new models of HTML5 compatible galleries are supported by many browsers and mobile devices work stations.</p>
<p dir="ltr" align="left"><strong>Integration of online sharing

</strong>Easily publish images on social networks and sites for such as Facebook and Flickr. On some sites, you can even view the online comments on your images directly from Lightroom Library.</p>
<p dir="ltr" align="left"><strong>Creating photo books

</strong>Create beautiful photo books. Lightroom includes a large number of user-friendly catalog templates that you can now customize. Load them then printing a few clicks.</p>
<p dir="ltr" align="left"><!--more--></p>
<p dir="ltr" align="left"><strong>Original Post</strong></p>
<p>A listing for Adobe’s next version for Lightroom has appeared on the Amazon UK web site. The expected release is some time by March according to Adobe.</p>
<p><strong><a href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lightroom-EN-DVD-Set-65237515/dp/B00M3YAJ3O/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1424257469&sr=8-5&keywords=lightroom+6" target="_blank">See the Lightroom 6 listing on Amazon UK</a></strong></p>
<p>Source: [<a href="http://photorumors.com/2015/02/17/adobe-lightroom-6-dvd-set-listed-on-amazon-uk/" target="_blank">PhotoRumors</a>]</p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

Re: Adobe Lightroom 6 Coming Very Soon

Looks like they are forcing the last old OS users off the upgrade path too: 'Lightroom 6 will require Mac OS X 10.8 or above, or a 64 bit version of Windows 7, 8 or 8.1.' Probably about time. ;)

Reference: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2015/01/update-on-os-support-for-next-version-of-lightroom.html

Upvote 0

Marsu42

Canon Pride.
Feb 7, 2012
Berlin
der-tierfotograf.de

blanddragon said:
Looks like they are forcing the last old OS users off the upgrade path too: 'Lightroom 6 will require Mac OS X 10.8 or above, or a 64 bit version of Windows 7, 8 or 8.1.' Probably about time. ;)

Well, as for Windows, x64 makes sense even with 4gb for memory as you can only use 3gb max with x86 operating system - and that isn't ideal for LR in any case, esp. if you happen to open your web browser at the same time. I don't see why there's such a fuss about it.

But I'm looking forward to LR6, I hope they fixed some of my major annoyances with it (like no way to extent the canvas). On the other hand, I expect they make sure there's a noticeable difference between LR and PS and won't put too many eggs in one basket.

siegsAR said:
What's the most relevant update with this version?

One thing is sure, because ACR for PS already has it: extended mask editing, i.e. you can add or substract an area from a radial or linear mask with the brush. They could enable this in LR5 right now, but obviously want people to shell out some €€€ for it.

Upvote 0

Does anyone have any insight on Adobe's upgrade policies?

I still have LR4.

Will Adobe allow an upgrade from LR4 to LR6?

If not, Will they give me a free upgrade to 6 if I upgrade to 5 now? (I know they are likely to do that if I made a purchase of 5 now due to the short time to the new version release)

Prior to the PS-CC rental nonsense Adobe had announced that there would no longer be any generation skipping for PS upgrades but that policy was never implemented as CS7 never happened. I wonder if they are going to apply it to LR?

Upvote 0

photodude said:
Does anyone have any insight on Adobe's upgrade policies?

I still have LR4.

Will Adobe allow an upgrade from LR4 to LR6?

If not, Will they give me a free upgrade to 6 if I upgrade to 5 now? (I know they are likely to do that if I made a purchase of 5 now due to the short time to the new version release)

Prior to the PS-CC rental nonsense Adobe had announced that there would no longer be any generation skipping for PS upgrades but that policy was never implemented as CS7 never happened. I wonder if they are going to apply it to LR?

I'm not sure, but I have CC, so i'm assuming that I will just get it like I do with photoshop. Also, i'm not sure what you mean by nonsense. CC is hands down the best deal i have ever seen in terms of software. $10/month for the best photo editing program out there with lightroom and other online resources.

Upvote 0

I've been hoping that Lightroom 6 would be available soon.

I'm glad that they are not forcing the move to Windows 8, I looked at the Amazon UK page, and I only saw Win 8 listed. (I made the move to Win7 for Lightroom 5).

Really hoping that it doesn't require a monthly payment. That would be a deal breaker for me (as much as I want the upgrade) - not interested in either monthly payments or cloud storage.

- Trev

Upvote 0

It will take some time yet for these old think ideas regarding deliberate feature crippling to wear away.
Yes, Adobe have stated that Lightroom will remain available as a standalone app. But they are not concerned about losing Cloud sales to it, and are adding features to Lightroom as quickly as they can be engineered. They would add photo-specific features to Lightroom only if they could, saving double-engineering them for two completely different products.
Photoshop doesn't need photographers, and Lightroom has crushed the competition. Cloud has eliminated the marketing balance act between the two as they are now bundled together for a ridiculously cheap price.

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011

CC is not "ridiculously cheap", but a nasty monthly rent that I will never accept.
Especially since I won't ever touch Photoshop because of its totally un-intuitive 1980's style user interface.

All I want and need is Lightroom. Stand alone, eternal license. One-time payment. Never paid more than max. 80 € for a LR license. I can decide myself if and when I want to purchase a generational "upgrade" ... or just skip it.

For LR6 I'd like to get the same improvements as listed by 3kramd above:
3kramd5 said:
Here's hoping:
*GPU-based hardware acceleration
*Improved noise reduction tools like those found in DXO's tools
*Improved masking options
*Strip out the bloatware they've added (books)
plus maybe some of that "content-aware" editing stuff.

Upvote 0
Dec 17, 2013

My big question: IS IT STAND_ALONE?

I need to buy LR5 if this new LR6 is going to be cloud only. I gather that people who buy LR5 very late (within a month of LR6 release) are able to update free. I still haven't upgraded from Snow Leopard 10.6.8 (very stable) to Yosemite because of Apple's refusal to allow TRIM to run on third party SSDs (I upgraded my mid-2010 boot drive to a Samsung 512G SSD). I wasn't planning to buy a new computer until the next "tick" or "tock" processor generation (can't remember which one is next), which should be in August 2015, as my current MBP is running fine with the exception of a little screen degradation on the far left. .

Upvote 0

AvTvM said:
CC is not "ridiculously cheap", but a nasty monthly rent that I will never accept.
Especially since I won't ever touch Photoshop because of its totally un-intuitive 1980's style user interface.

Hmmm, that might be the most negative mindset I've seen in a long time. I get it that you don't want to pay a monthly fee, but at least considering my investments in pre-CC photoshop and lightroom versions it's cheaper to just pay the low monthly fee. Your choice to make but it doesn't make it "not ridiculously cheap" for all of us...

What I really don't get is the bash on the photoshop interface. I can't understand what you're complaining about... ? What's wrong with it, because I never experience anything close to that? Maybe it's the fact that most people use shortcuts? I'd think that it would get tedious if you have to pick everything from a menu. But then again, most users with a bit of experience use the shortcuts.

I hope they have fixed one thing.... the slow performance when it's running for a while. Seems some kind of memory leak that bogs it down after some hours of work with larger catalogs with LR5. :)

Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2012

AvTvM said:
All I want and need is Lightroom. Stand alone, eternal license. One-time payment.

I seem to recall reading an Adobe person (though not an official spokesman AFAIK) stating that LR will continue to be offered in the retail/perpetual license flavor, at least for the next release cycle.

I do suspect that more and more software companies will adopt cloud-based recurring payment platforms, though, if for no better reason than to combat piracy. When the time comes that I have to subscribe, I will do so. Until then, retail please :)

Upvote 0

Marsu42 said:
Well, as for Windows, x64 makes sense even with 4gb for memory as you can only use 3gb max with x86 operating system - and that isn't ideal for LR in any case
Less even, unless Lightroom is Large Address Aware -- which I don't think 3 & 4 were. The limit for a 32 bit program running on any operating system without the flag set is 2GB per running process. Setting the flag requires a much greater attention to pointer arithmetic and other considerations that make it pretty cumbersome to use.

Obviously 2GB is woefully inadequate for image processing.

Upvote 0