Adobe reports record Q4 and fiscal 2020 revenue

Jan 29, 2011
I like Five Guys, but there is not one handy to me. And these days I'm doing drive through or curb pickup mostly. I eat at some restaurants if they have good outdoor space, but it is getting too cool for that now.
Fortunately for my health there isn't one close to me either Steve! I'm sure my wife and I are pretty atypical but we have eaten out of the house only once since the first week in March.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
Fortunately for my health there isn't one close to me either Steve! I'm sure my wife and I are pretty atypical but we have eaten out of the house only once since the first week in March.
One of the nicest restaurants here is right beside the lake. You can get there by boat or car. They have a rather large patio area, so I've eaten there several times with different friends over these months. In normal years a college classmate visits for the Fourth, and we eat on the patio around 9pm and watch fireworks coming from different points around the lake.

A place that is normally a sports bar with a good restaurant beside it has a nice patio area, and two mostly breakfasty places have outdoor seating.

My 92-year-old neighbor is being even more careful, so she won't do restaurants even outside. But we have done takeout food and eaten at a picnic table in a park on a different part of the lake.

Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
Here's my recipe for burgers. Find a good round roast, ask the butcher to grind it after trimming any excess fat. Bring it home, mix with olive oil, egg, bread crumbs, parsley flakes, pepper, a pinch of onion powder, and paprika. Also a teaspoon of beef extract diluted in a little water. A little Worcestershire sauce too.

Make balls a little smaller than a baseball and keep slapping them until they are very tight, all gaps gone, then handshape into 3/4 inch patties.

Grill over direct medium heat on a gas grill for about five minutes. If anybody wants cheese, it goes on after grilling and the burger gets put under our broiler for a minute.

Sometimes we go with Kaiser rolls, other times the really soft Pepperidge Farm sesame-seed buns.

The kids love them too!

PS We haven't eaten in a restaurant since early February. Ordered pizza out once, but then just started going with Sam's Club large refrigerated ones.

Upvote 0
I hear complaints all the time but those people never had to pay the single license, $600+ per software like Photoshop CS back in the days. Now for $60/month I get to use PS, Lightroom, Audition, Premiere, etc all for that price. Personally, that's a bargain. Sure, it can be buggy like any software but I've been sticking with them.

Plus nowadays, subscription models are becoming more popular everywhere, unfortunately...something we may not be able to get away with.

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
I hear complaints all the time but those people never had to pay the single license, $600+ per software like Photoshop CS back in the days. Now for $60/month I get to use PS, Lightroom, Audition, Premiere, etc all for that price. Personally, that's a bargain. Sure, it can be buggy like any software but I've been sticking with them.

Plus nowadays, subscription models are becoming more popular everywhere, unfortunately...something we may not be able to get away with.

At eleven months, you've now paid $660 for that license, after 12 months $720, and so on.

I'd personally rather put the $600 on a credit card with an outrageous interest rate, if I had to, than pay $60 a month, forever.

Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
At eleven months, you've now paid $660 for that license, after 12 months $720, and so on.

I'd personally rather put the $600 on a credit card with an outrageous interest rate, if I had to, than pay $60 a month, forever.
If you are happy with using the same version of the software forever, then that will work. Before the subscription plan, I was paying $600 or so a year to upgrade the programs I was using anyway. With the subscription model, I'm paying $50ish a month for the whole suite with frequent upgrades and fixes. I have some of my old computers around if I wanted to run an old version, but the occasion hasn't come up.

Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
If you are happy with using the same version of the software forever, then that will work. Before the subscription plan, I was paying $600 or so a year to upgrade the programs I was using anyway. With the subscription model, I'm paying $50ish a month for the whole suite with frequent upgrades and fixes. I have some of my old computers around if I wanted to run an old version, but the occasion hasn't come up.
$600 seems like quite a lot.
The upgrade prices did not seem that high.
The only thing that I remember is that if we did not upgrade every year than we would have to buy an entirely new version or stick with what we had.

Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
$600 seems like quite a lot.
The upgrade prices did not seem that high.
The only thing that I remember is that if we did not upgrade every year than we would have to buy an entirely new version or stick with what we had.
The upgrade price depended upon what package of apps you had. There were cheaper upgrades for just a single program, just as there are cheaper subscriptions for just Photoshop and Lightroom. Package contents and upgrade prices varied over time.

Upvote 0