Announcement Date? [CR1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
briansquibb said:
neuroanatomist said:
I can say this, though - if they release a 5DIII with 22 MP and a “pro level” AF system (e.g. recycle the 1DsIII AF), leaving the main differentator from the 1D X as the frame rate (still 4 fps, even), I'd be quite interested - perhaps enough to get the 5DIII instead of the 1D X. Don't worry, Canon ::) the money saved will go toward lenses....

Beginning to sound like a 1Ds4 in a small body .... 8) 8) 8)

Yes please! That is the camera I am looking for. 8)

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
Canon Rumors said:
Specs: Another mention of 22mp resolution came in...

What if they just use the same sensor as in the 5DII in a new 5DIII? No one seems to be complaining about the performance of that sensor - so why not leave it alone and improve other features?

Is the banding of the 5D MkII's sensor any issue, or something they could improve on easily? I've heard it mentioned, but mostly great things about the sensor.

Upvote 0

Meh

Sep 20, 2011
Here's a link to a description of the latest Sony improvement to the BSI sensors... stacked CMOS where all the circuitry is in a lower layer allowing close to 100% fill factor and eliminating another advantage of CCD sensors. So still some room for advancement in DSLR sensors as well (unless this Sony design has limitations in speed or image quality that would preclude it from being used in a DSLR).

http://www.popphoto.com/gear/2012/01/new-gear-sony-redesigns-backlit-cmos-cellphones

Upvote 0
Canon Rumors said:
Nikon is apparently announcing on February 7, 2012. This comes two days before the CP+ show opens in Yokohama, Japan. A suspected D800 and 5D Mark III (or similar) on the same day?

Back to the original topic, NL quotes from his Nikon source that "... it was said that we should expect a D3200 at CP+, and that the D800 that everyone seems to expect as a racing certainty, may well be held back until after the D4 is shipping..."

And his Canon source suggests that "...we've been told (thanks) that the only Canon DSLR for CP+ will be the 650D/T4i and that the 5D3 won't be announced until after the 1D X ships..."

Sounds like they are both clearing the way for their flagships first.

Upvote 0
waving_odd said:
Canon Rumors said:
Nikon is apparently announcing on February 7, 2012. This comes two days before the CP+ show opens in Yokohama, Japan. A suspected D800 and 5D Mark III (or similar) on the same day?

Back to the original topic, NL quotes from his Nikon source that "... it was said that we should expect a D3200 at CP+, and that the D800 that everyone seems to expect as a racing certainty, may well be held back until after the D4 is shipping..."

NikonRumors seems to be so sure about D800 announcement on Feb 7 now:

"...I already mentioned about the Nikon event on February 7th, 2012 but I was not sure what would be announced on that date. It will be the Nikon D800. The camera will have 36MP (not 24MP like reported on several websites)..."

"...The Nikon D800 will start shipping few week after the announcement..."

Does this materialize faster the announcement of Canon's counterpart (e.g. 5D III or something else)?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.