Announcement Soon: Canon RF 16mm f/2.8 and Canon RF 100-400mm f/5.6-7.1 IS USM

Peter Bergh

CR Pro
Sep 16, 2020
And that's the best you can come up with? And still no mention of "*relevant characteristics*".

Why did you even bother to write such utter dross?

In order to help you understand what I wrote: In my first example, the relevant characteristic is "use for commerce" and in my second example, the relevant characteristic is "suitable for coin collecting".

You remind me a lot of an angle that is just under 180 degrees.

PS. Mr. Moderator, I suggest that you ban privatebydesign from this site. His (or her) troll-like behavior is too much for me and, based on comments I have seen on this forum, for others. BTW, regardless what you decide about privatebydesign, this is my last post on this forum.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
In order to help you understand what I wrote: In my first example, the relevant characteristic is "use for commerce" and in my second example, the relevant characteristic is "suitable for coin collecting".

PS. Mr. Moderator, I suggest that you ban privatebydesign from this site. His (or her) troll-like behavior is too much for me and, based on comments I have seen on this forum, for others. BTW, regardless what you decide about privatebydesign, this is my last post on this forum.
PBD has made significant, helpful contributions to these boards for years.

What you wrote about coins and commerce was clear the first time, but irrelevant. Equivalence has a specific definition in the context of photography, and your posts make it obvious that you don’t grasp that. Similarly, the term ‘stop’ has a specific connotation. If I say, “Stop down to get more depth of field,” you wouldn’t think I meant to pause in the pasture and dig a deeper hole, because you know what those terms mean in context.

As for banning, that does happen – usually to people with a pattern of insulting other members, however geometrically veiled those insults may be. If it’s truly your last post here, don’t let the door hit you in the derrière as you depart. I, for one, will not miss you.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011

Hmm, very... average. :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
Is there any more info on this 16 2.8? It is the only one of the announced lenses that I would seriously consider getting atm. But it needs to be for FF and not designed for an apsc image circle. C'mon canon. The sun is waking up and I need me my good prime for astro/Aurora.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

dlee13

Canon EOS R6
May 13, 2014
Australia
Is there any more info on this 16 2.8? It is the only one of the announced lenses that I would seriously consider getting atm. But it needs to be for FF and not designed for an apsc image circle. C'mon canon. The sun is waking up and I need me my good prime for astro/Aurora.
I don’t shoot Astro but I’m also really eager to find out more about this lens. 16mm is a great focal length for a FF prime so would be nice if Canon do release it! Tax time here soon too so can be a nice present ;)

Upvote 0
Oct 10, 2015
$3k for an f/7.1 lens is objectively bad.

If your uses are exclusively shooting at noon on sunny days, then that’s great, but slow lenses break down as soon as the light drops, even a partly cloudy day at f/7.1 requires a shutter well below 1/1000th. It’s just bad.

Sony gives users 1 stop faster, 100mm extra, for $1k less. Why can’t Canon compete?
The difference between f/7.1 and f/6.3 is 1/3 stop, not one stop. 1/3 stop is a meaningless difference.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Sony gives users 1 stop faster, 100mm extra, for $1k less. Why can’t Canon compete?
I suggest you not spend a penny. Instead, hire a tutor and learn the difference between 1/3 and 1. In the mean time, lock away the useless and uninformed snark.

Upvote 0