Any chance of putting latest forum threads on front page again?

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
I read somewhere I think that there are two different software packages, one for the forum and one for the main page. The link between the two to provide the feed was a headache and was always getting broken. I don't know if we will see it again. Send a message to Craig and ask.
I thought by posting here that the admin would see these requests?

I thought Craig got out of the site and sold it to someone else?

C

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
I'm glad @cayenne raised this. I find the new design abysmal. The front page looks pretty, but it's made the forum virtually useless for me. To say @Canon Rumors Guy can't be bothered to monitor the forums makes me wonder if he really cares about the site anymore. I haven't done any kind of deep research, but it seems to me that forum participation has dropped quite a bit since the new design. I know my participation has certainly declined.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Pinging this thread again.

We REALLY need to have the latest posts and trending posts on the front page again like it used to be.

That's how I knew what was actually being talked about.....I don't really have time to go through EACH individual form topic site to see what's at the top of each one every day....or multiple times a day.

Upvote 0

Jethro

EOS R
CR Pro
Jul 14, 2018
Pinging this thread again.

We REALLY need to have the latest posts and trending posts on the front page again like it used to be.

That's how I knew what was actually being talked about.....I don't really have time to go through EACH individual form topic site to see what's at the top of each one every day....or multiple times a day.
'Forums', 'New posts' will show you a list of the latest, which is sort of what it used to be like - but I agree it takes multiple clicks to get there. The issue seems to be that there is a separate site for the Forum, and the linkage between them is ... interesting. I still get a flash of code when i move between them.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
'Forums', 'New posts' will show you a list of the latest, which is sort of what it used to be like - but I agree it takes multiple clicks to get there. The issue seems to be that there is a separate site for the Forum, and the linkage between them is ... interesting. I still get a flash of code when i move between them.
I shouldn't think it would be rocket surgery to add the forum trending and new posts to the front page like it used to be...?

C

Upvote 0