Are two cameras going to replace the Canon EOS R5? [CR]

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
This is just an expection carried by the hope, not more. The conditions between the 5DM4 and R5 is different. That time, Canon had plans to move to the DSLM technologie and the stock needs to be get empty. The 5DM4 was quite cheaper as the R5. In 2018 i got my cam for €2800.- / ~$3000.- and the R5 i had payed €4400.- / ~$4700.- in Feb 2022. Quite different prices and development of them.
Nikon and Sony are around €1000.- cheaper and they are also fine systems. I owen a bunch of Canon cams (80D, 5Ds, 5Dm4,R,R5) and several lenses and other pheriperal gear from Canon and Sigma. To move to an other brand is very expensive, so my decision to continue using the brand and buy an R5 instead a Sony A7R4 was guided by the usage all of them without lacks. Sony A7R4 was around €1200.- cheaper as the R5 and i could use the newer Sigma lenses, that's actual not available for R-Systems.
The entire Canon R/RF-System is quit more expensive as previously - not just the body. The next Body i will buy, will never be canon again.
Sigma starts to produce Nikon Z Lenses. I maybe move to Nikon. I like the Z6-II and compare the prices between the Z6 and R5..

You said "Canon will not lower the price of the R5".

I merely observed that Canon has already lowered the price of the R5, at least in the U.S. in much the same way that they lowered previous models near the introduction of their successors. You continue to postulate that Canon will not lower the price of the R5. That's not up for debate. It's already a fait accompli. The R5 is $300 USD cheaper now than it was at introduction, and has also been offered with a free BG-R10 battery grip (List price $349 USD) more often than not over the past six months. I'd expect the BG-R10 deal will be back again in 'Black November'.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0