Autumn

ishdakuteb said:
dpc said:

Very nice, I somehow always forget to capture images like this when I am in the field, guess that I have to pay more attention to small details. There is one potential image as you seen in the "Forest, Trees and Glades" from Siesta Lake :(

Thanks! I'm pretty much forced to look for the small details by virtue of the place where I live. There isn't a great deal of spectacular scenery on the prairies. It depends on the season. Sometimes you have to dive deep in order to get any worthwhile images at all.

Upvote 0
14639631_10154682630483384_6441331371410278308_n.jpg

We call the overlap of fall and winter ... snoliage.

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2013
Valvebounce,
Thanks!
He was doing a low pass over the lake with my wife in the passenger side!
When I reduce the 5000+ px to 1024 px, the photo really took a dive in sharpness. Sad.
Below is him taking off, at 2048 px.
-r

Valvebounce said:
Hi Folks.
GMC, Riley, Mike and dpc. Some very nice shots.
GMC where abouts in london did you get these shots.
Riley, was he landing, taking off or just overflying the lake?

Cheers, Graham.

Attachments

• 7Y6A9297.JPG
    7Y6A9297.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 152
Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2013
Valvebounce,
He told me the plane was a "home built", and he bought it from the original owner.
After my wife "tested the water" (so to speak), I went. Awfully noisy, from the horizontally opposed engine and even worse, the wind noise if I open the sliding window to shoot. On landing, we have to close the windows, else we take a bath.
Quite a ride, went up to 2200 feet above the surface of the water which was at 1800 ft above sea level. Flies about 80 miles an hour [edit: air speed, 60 mph actual] and can slow down to mid-30 miles before stalling.
I'm trying to arrange for another flight as I got a photo project coming up. Looking for better light, hopefully catching evening sunlight. He can't fly in the dark --- landing is no good without seeing the surface of the water.
-r

Valvebounce said:
Hi Riley.
Very nice shot of the takeoff, that tailplane catches some water!
Ah, so that particular time was a pass but it had been using the runway! ;D
Cool little toy to have! :)

Cheers, Graham.

Upvote 0