Beautiful picture, Maximilian.
d055.gif

Upvote 0

dcm

Enjoy the gear you have!
CR Pro
Apr 18, 2013
Colorado, USA
Sunset over Horsetooth Mountain with some help from haze due to fires on the West Slope of Colorado. A raptor was kind enough to grace the second image.

Taken from Fossil Creek reservoir, about 11 miles away, with M6 mark II and 70-300L. In the full size image (too large to post), you can pick out people on the hump to the right of the molar in the second image.

dvmtthws-20200809-2007171-2.jpg

dvmtthws-20200809-2013102-2.jpg

dvmtthws-20200809-2021584-2.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Sunset at an Island called Pulau Tengah in Malaysia.
Beautiful foreground - background composition, great sharpness in sky and rocks.
To me it feels a little bit too much HDR style (as I personally don't like HDR much), esp. the sky is a little bit too dramatic.
If it is an HDR composition, it is done very well balanced.
But that's just my personal taste and still like this sunset. I wish I could be on that beach ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

CvH

CR Pro
Nov 19, 2014
Beautiful foreground - background composition, great sharpness in sky and rocks.
To me it feels a little bit too much HDR style (as I personally don't like HDR much), esp. the sky is a little bit too dramatic.
If it is an HDR composition, it is done very well balanced.
But that's just my personal taste and still like this sunset. I wish I could be on that beach ;)

Many thanks for your CC Maximilian!

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
With Britain going into full lockdown until at least mid February Sporgon is going to get very bored. Expect plenty of obscure postings......

A slightly different take on the usual sunset shots.

Willie Lott's Cottage.jpg

Same scene as painted by John Constable in 1821, "The Hay Wain", with Willie Lott's cottage still in the background and very much as it was exactly 200 years ago.....The pond is actually a foot or so deeper than it was then as this eastern part of England has sunk a foot down into the sea over that time.....glad I live in the north :)

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Sporgon.
Nice shot, entertaining text!

Remember, you’re not ‘stuck’ at home, you’re ‘safe’ at home! (y)
Cheers, Graham.

With Britain going into full lockdown until at least mid February Sporgon is going to get very bored. Expect plenty of obscure postings......

A slightly different take on the usual sunset shots.

Same scene as painted by John Constable in 1821, "The Hay Wain", with Willie Lott's cottage still in the background and very much as it was exactly 200 years ago.....The pond is actually a foot or so deeper than it was then as this eastern part of England has sunk a foot down into the sea over that time.....glad I live in the north :)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
Thank you for a quick reply! :)
The last picture is very purple, I agree. It is an old picture, taken in jpeg for some reason. I do have other pictures from the same place, approx. at the same time (last year), and they were just as purple. A bit more contrasty though. I do agree with you though, it is perhaps a tad too purple.
It often gets quite foggy out there, and that gives the sunsets a very intense color.
Sometimes I reduce the saturation of the blue in water because people wouldn't believe it looked as blue as it did.

Upvote 0