Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi GMC.
Excellent shot, beautiful.

Cheers, Graham.

GMCPhotographics said:
I've just realized I've not poster to this page in a while...lol:
16918170817_1fdf186392_o.jpg

Canon 5DIII, 400mm f2.8 LIS, the most stable tripod and fludihead I could lay my hands on.
1/25th sec @ f10 @ Iso 100. Post prod, a little bit of curves and exposure correction and a BnW conversion. All performed in light room.

This is a wild ganet, hovering. Looking for somewhere to land.

Upvote 0
So many amazing shots of birds in flight from everyone here. Very inspirational and makes me aspire to get better. I don't have many shots of birds in flight, but all the going and attempting is the fun part for me anyway. This is a Black-Necked Stilt I believe. I was lucky to get this shot the first time I took out my Canon 400 f5.6. Love that lens. I bought it through the Canon refurb shop online. It is such a great lens to go out walking and taking shots of birds.

Canon 5D III
400 f5.6
f5.6 at 1/2500 sec
Cropped
Hand Held

Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2011
MARSVANDER said:
So many amazing shots of birds in flight from everyone here. Very inspirational and makes me aspire to get better. I don't have many shots of birds in flight, but all the going and attempting is the fun part for me anyway. This is a Black-Necked Stilt I believe. I was lucky to get this shot the first time I took out my Canon 400 f5.6. Love that lens. I bought it through the Canon refurb shop online. It is such a great lens to go out walking and taking shots of birds.

Canon 5D III
400 f5.6
f5.6 at 1/2500 sec
Cropped
Hand Held

I like the reflection and how you cropped/framed the shot.

Welcome to CR MARSVANDER :)

Upvote 0