BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

dpc said:

Nice shot !!

When I first saw that horn thing in the bill, I thought some kind of problem in that one particular bird. After seeing it in all your pics, checked in wiki and learnt that this is the only species in pelican that has that horn on the upper bill and horn is shed after the birds have mated and laid their eggs !!

Upvote 0
Dylan777 said:
dpc said:
American white pelicans down by the South Saskatchewan River yesterday afternoon.

Awesome series dcp. I really like the 2nd and 3rd photo :)

I'm at the office right now...your photos make me want to get the camera, go out and get some birds 8)

Thanks! I feel your pain respecting the office. I've been retired for the past three years after spending 40 years in the salt mines (euphemism) and am loving the freedom of taking the camera out whenever and wherever I want. 8)

Upvote 0
arunprasad said:
dpc said:

Nice shot !!

When I first saw that horn thing in the bill, I thought some kind of problem in that one particular bird. After seeing it in all your pics, checked in wiki and learnt that this is the only species in pelican that has that horn on the upper bill and horn is shed after the birds have mated and laid their eggs !!

Thanks! :)

Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2011
Double Trouble

_X7U9660-X3.jpg

Upvote 0