BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
Canon Rumors Premium
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Yesterday, as the sun was setting, I spotted this little Black-chinned Hummingbird getting a few last sips before tucking in for the night. He was going flower to flower quite frantically. I had my Canon 400mm f/5.6L on the 70D. Obviously it was getting too dark to up the shutter much for this lens. Although the result is not sharp, I think the photo captured the hurried mood. Here in the desert, Hummingbirds have a very hard time staying fueled up.

Attachments

• Hummer 1 WEB.jpg
    Hummer 1 WEB.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 626
Upvote 0
CanonFanBoy said:
Yesterday, as the sun was setting, I spotted this little Black-chinned Hummingbird getting a few last sips before tucking in for the night. He was going flower to flower quite frantically. I had my Canon 400mm f/5.6L on the 70D. Obviously it was getting too dark to up the shutter much for this lens. Although the result is not sharp, I think the photo captured the hurried mood. Here in the desert, Hummingbirds have a very hard time staying fueled up.
Beautiful. Love the colors. Well done. :)

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
CanonFanBoy said:

Lovely shot. Nicely done, Charles.

Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2011
falcnr said:
This angry wild prairie falcon was captured about 15-20ft from my head travelling very fast (and with deadly intent). Although many of us are capable of tracking such an object through a large telephoto lens, my experience has been getting our cameras focussing algorithms to nail it constantly is the hardest part ... 1DMKIV Canon 500mm F4 hand held, 1/3200 ISO 400, F5.6, Manual.

I like the look on his/her face

Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2011
CanonFanBoy said:

Very nice capture - love the colors

Upvote 0

ERHP

Canon Rumors Premium
May 9, 2013
San Diego
erhp.smugmug.com
falcnr said:
This angry wild prairie falcon was captured about 15-20ft from my head travelling very fast (and with deadly intent). Although many of us are capable of tracking such an object through a large telephoto lens, my experience has been getting our cameras focussing algorithms to nail it constantly is the hardest part ... 1DMKIV Canon 500mm F4 hand held, 1/3200 ISO 400, F5.6, Manual.

That's pretty awesome!

I've been on a hummingbird kick of late, given four different types frequent the area this time of year. Here is a Costa's coming up for a look-about just before taking off after an intruding Rufous.
C11204-X3.jpg

Upvote 0