Black and White Landscapes!

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Went over to North Wales for the weekend and decided to go up Mt. Snowden as I haven't been up there since I was at college. Unfortunately weather was a real washout so I just took the G1X up there. Still managed to get a couple of images that I like in black and white; both of them stitches, the first three frame and the second six. I would have taken the M3, but the 18-55 kit lens was so badly de-centred the whole thing had to go back as I bought it as a "kit". Needless to say replacement hadn't arrived in time....

The M3 takes away all the frustration I have in trying to use the G1X :)

I should add that I add film grain to these.

Attachments

• Glaslyn Fortress B&W 1500.png
    Glaslyn Fortress B&W 1500.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 195
  • Pyg Track & Glaslyn B&W 1500.png
    Pyg Track & Glaslyn B&W 1500.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 194
Upvote 0
Sporgon said:
Went over to North Wales for the weekend and decided to go up Mt. Snowden as I haven't been up there since I was at college. Unfortunately weather was a real washout so I just took the G1X up there. Still managed to get a couple of images that I like in black and white; both of them stitches, the first three frame and the second six. I would have taken the M3, but the 18-55 kit lens was so badly de-centred the whole thing had to go back as I bought it as a "kit". Needless to say replacement hadn't arrived in time....

Never been to Wales, but it appears to be full of photographic opportunity. Nice pics! :)

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
dpc said:
Sporgon said:

Never been to Wales, but it appears to be full of photographic opportunity. Nice pics! :)

Thanks dpc, the best of a very overcast weekend. Definitely worth visiting the Snowdonia national park if you come to the UK, but the mountains are pretty tame compared with what you have in Canada.

Upvote 0