Breakthrough Photography announces the all-new EF to RF filter adapter

Czardoom

EOS RP
Jan 27, 2020
While I would normally avoid 3rd party adapters and cheap filters, Breakthrough seems to have a very good reputation. Bryan Carnathan gives their regular filters a very high recommendation - and I have seen many such endorsements. I guess we'll have to wait and see regarding his product and the accompanying filters, but Breakthrough does not seem to make cheap, poorly made products. In fact, their circular polarizers and ND filters are VERY expensive.

Mar 31, 2014
Center of my universe
Has anyone actually received an adaptor from them? This is what they are currently advising: 'Yes! The EF to RF adapter is in production and will be manufactured after the PL to RF Mounts. No ETA.'. Perhaps they manufacture once they have a certain number of orders.

R1-7D

EOS RP
Jun 25, 2012
Canada
OMG. Are people still waiting for these? I ordered in 2020 and, when it seemed apparent that Breakthrough was never going to deliver, I cancelled my order in spring of 2021. If people are still waiting... yikes.

ColorBlindBat

EOS M6 Mark II
CR Pro
Aug 30, 2018
I also gave up and cancelled the two filters I had ordered mid 2021. Just looked at their site for both the adapters and drop-in filters. Only one (X4-Clear - likely the easiest to make) now says "In Stock and Shipping" - out of the eighteen varients listed. Whether it really is available is another question that I don't care to explore.