Brightening/Correcting Underexposed Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpful

Ecclesiastes 3:11
Mar 6, 2012
OK, compare this to the other one from Lightroom (attached). It's actually brightened even more (look at the arm and the sky), and yet there are less visual artifacts. Look at the doghouse, for instance in the dark doorway. Lightroom fails big there.

There are way more blotches in the Lightroom version. I'm sure you could eliminate them by extra post processing / retouching. But my algorithm just keeps colors the way they are... black stays black, green green, etc.

I toggled back and forth between the Lightroom result and my result in this post, and the Lightroom image screams damage from intense post processing all over it, and the one in this post looks more subdued and more like an original. (The artifacts around the legs are actually the result from too much sharpening applied in the original, and they are showing up the same in both the lightroom and my result.)

The sky looks a little less saturated after the HDR effect, but that was partly because I brightened the whole image more, including the sky, and just because I have applied absolutely no other processing to the image.

Attachments

• recovery-05-2-11-5-15.jpg
    recovery-05-2-11-5-15.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 480
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.