Butterflies, Moths and Assorted Insects...

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Here you can see why I wasted my weekend on place where nobody can expect interesting birds.
Because of my daughter and here insects!
On other hand it seems she got a photo of a field test of the last Canon camera/long telephoto aimed at the insect market (it's obviously Canon model/innovation!). In this case the testing photographer was a wasp... This I suspect is CR1!!!
I'm posting this without permission but she has pretty good sense of humor so I may survive:rolleyes:!

DSC_0710_DxO.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Perfect focus on the subject, beautiful bokeh.
Thanks Click! Here are some photos from my daughter - with macro lens. I didn't post a birds recently because I was making chaperone to show her some habitats reach of insects (honestly I didn't see much of insects but she is the expert in finding them:)!). And there is not much from the birds in that location (s)!... Practically nothing in this season (better in the next several weeks) !
These are with her permission: "Dad please crop them properly": we have some differences with the cropping, all here are my variants .
First habitat (~2 weeks ago). Hand hold, no focus stacking as always...

DSC_0984_DxO.jpgDSC_1059_DxO.jpgDSC_1147_DxO.jpgDSC_1403_DxO.jpgDSC_1451_DxO.jpgDSC_1633_DxO.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
She's very talented. I really like her shots. Kudos to her.
I just was instructed to tell you "thanks a lot!!!" :).
BTW I wonder if anyone else has seen that "stitches" on the fly's head (photo#4 of the first series) before or it was in a Halloween costume?!

DSC_1403_DxO.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Is winter already over again? ;)
Just kidding. Really nice shots.
Yeah it is - November 13 :p!
I will remember this date for very long time! I was so stupid to allow my camera to fall down from the tripod - lens first, on asphalt road (~165-170cm)!
The wasp and butterfly are before the event. The Preying Mantis - shortly after...DSC_9889_DxO.jpgDSC_9920_DxO.jpgDSC_9943_DxO.jpgDSC_0089_DxO.jpgDSC_0106_DxO.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
I really like the last picture.
a025.gif
Well done, ISv.

Upvote 0