Butterflies, Moths and Assorted Insects...

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
These are from today. Rather lucky shot (the first one) - I was going to take a shot of the flowers of the Rosemary when this Pieris rapae approached the Rosemary. No time to change aperture or ISO. Lucky to get at least the body of the Butterfly in +/- the plain of the focus ... For the wings - not enough speed (nor aperture!). From ~5 meters...

DSC_3582_DxO.jpgDSC_3584_DxO.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
I‘m happy for you that you got that one. It‘s great.
Huh!? The posture of the Butterfly is really great! But my photo sucks (I even didn't expect that one frame to the very last fraction of the seconds...).
Here is one taken by purpose (and off course I have to practice - it's my first real attempt to get a Butterfly in fly!)

DSC_3783_DxO.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Huh!? The posture of the Butterfly is really great! But my photo sucks (I even didn't expect that one frame to the very last fraction of the seconds...).
Of course, a planned photo like that is better.
But I also honor a lucky catch, even if it‘s pure luck like yours.
So don‘t let it make you feel so.

Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
Thanks Click!
The warmth her is for free (if you are located here - otherwise it costs some bugs...).
The objects are the problem - not big diversity (well, if you are taking photos of people on the beach you will have huge diversity - from cute to beautiful and nothing from above :) and well...:ROFLMAO:!!!).
Could it be an idea for a new thread???

Upvote 0