Butterflies, Moths and Assorted Insects...

Aug 10, 2021
Actually I don't need to "assume": it's a female! Look at the short antennae and the number of the abdominal segments! I used "guy" without inserting a sex with it -probably because it's not an adult yet...
My apologies for causing any uncomfortable feelings. There's a meme where the punchline is "did you just assume my gender." It's said to be caused by some people's increased sensitivity about gender and pronouns. It's happened a few times to me and I only felt it was funny and flattered that my long hair looked good enough to cause the mistake. It's difficult for me to understand why it has become such an angry thing...

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
My apologies for causing any uncomfortable feelings. There's a meme where the punchline is "did you just assume my gender." It's said to be caused by some people's increased sensitivity about gender and pronouns. It's happened a few times to me and I only felt it was funny and flattered that my long hair looked good enough to cause the mistake. It's difficult for me to understand why it has become such an angry thing...
I was not angry! And my "bla, bla (rant!)" was not addressed to you!!! I just tried to keep the facts together (according to my logic and understanding!)!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2021
I was not angry! And my "bla, bla (rant!)" was not addressed to you!!! I just tried to keep the facts together (according to my logic and understanding!)!
I understand.
What did the Mantis feel though? Let's ask!
"I'm repulsed at the idea that JUST BECCAUSE others identify me as a female mantis, they make accusations that I will eat my male partners head!"
Sometime later:
"Thanks, stud!" Chomp crunch crunch crunch burp!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Weather is bad. I've got a bad cold. No fun going out, taking photos.
So I processed some from last summer.
That summer was one with only a few of the big "common" butterflies. I can't remember seeing just one peacock at our meadows.
Here's a red admiral. It's drinking dew in the morning.
I always forget those little blue spots at the end of the wings...
And if I got it right, the little white spot in the red band of the forewing shows that this is a female. :)

admiral_2023_01.JPGadmiral_2023_02.JPGadmiral_2023_03.JPGadmiral_2023_04.JPG

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
Weather is bad. I've got a bad cold. No fun going out, taking photos.
So I processed some from last summer.
That summer was one with only a few of the big "common" butterflies. I can't remember seeing just one peacock at our meadows.
Here's a red admiral. It's drinking dew in the morning.
I always forget those little blue spots at the end of the wings...
And if I got it right, the little white spot in the red band of the forewing shows that this is a female. :)

View attachment 214856View attachment 214857View attachment 214858View attachment 214859
Gute Besserung!

Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2021
Polygonia c. album (was a bit far away) 5 D IV + 100-400 L II
Its French vernacular name is "Robert le diable" (Robert the devil) ;)
View attachment 215309
Great photo and an amazing creature I've never seen.
And now, CONSPIRCY TIME!
Robert -> Roby -> 35 f/1.2 will be one devil of a good lens!
Didn't your end trails prove this?

Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
Great photo and an amazing creature I've never seen.
And now, CONSPIRCY TIME!
Robert -> Roby -> 35 f/1.2 will be one devil of a good lens!
Didn't your end trails prove this?
No idea, you should ask Lauren B.....t , she knows everything about the devil and his creatures. :sneaky:

• Haha
Upvote 0