Buying a 90D (body only.) Go for it or wait for Black Friday?

Buy now or wait?

• Buy!

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Wait!

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm planning to buy a 90D for a trip in early December. From what I can tell, Black Friday sales are usually limited to Tn/Tni models rather than xxD models, and they usually include bundled lenses that I don't want. Is that right? Should I buy now and maximize my time getting used to the camera before I travel or should I wait and see if there are bargains to be had?

Thanks, all.

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
FWIW, I asked Canon Price Watch guy about this as I am planning on getting one for my wife for Christmas. He thought there might be a $30 drop or so around Black Friday. He reminded me that new releases seldom see big discounts. If I were you, I wouldn't wait too long for a small drop in price -- you want it to arrive in time for you to get familiar with it and make sure everything is working before leaving on a trip.

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
FYI, The Black Friday deals are now posted at Canon Price Watch.

B&H is currently giving anyone the same price as CPW on the 90D + 18-55mm kit lens ($1199). They're slightly higher than CPW on the Body only (+ $100) and Body + 18-135 kit (+ $50).

But the B&H deals include a couple of extra third party batteries, an extra third party charger, a Sandisk 64GB Extreme Pro SD card, and Luminar 4.

I've bought that same third party 2 battery + charger from B&H. The charger includes a 12V cord so it can be used in the car while driving from one shoot to another. The batteries last about 80-90% compared to a Canon EP-L6n that came with the camera I bought at the same time. They're better than my 4-7 years old Canon EP-L6 batteries, which are beginning to show their age.

Last edited:
Upvote 0