Buying a refurb 7D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 25, 2011
Eddie_2001 said:
Dave...did Canon offer to pay the return shipping as well?? Seems like quite a hassle to have to send everything back to them.

I am getting close to getting a refurb 7D as well, and I would also be disappointed about the battery as well.

Ted

The battery I received with my refurb 7D was dated late 2010, and charges up to 100% and three bars. I'd ask them to just replace the battery, or to send you a return label for the entire package. I save the boxes and packing, so returns are easy.

Ask to speak to a supervisor or someone who can authorize it, if the service person does not have that authority.

Upvote 0
P

PXL_Pusher

Mt Spokane Photography said:
Ask to speak to a supervisor or someone who can authorize it, if the service person does not have that authority.

Fully agree. Now a days more than ever, most support lines will have operators trained like robots to tell you "NO". My rule of thumb? Don't take no from somebody who can't (or is unauthorized) to give you a yes. Otherwise, you're wasting your time.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
april said:
i also would like to buy a refurb camera and lenses but the website doesn't allow me.
are these items from this site exclusively for sale in USA only?

Yes, they are sold by Canon USA for in-country customers only (I suspect it's based on shipping and billing addresses, so if you know someone in the USA whom you trust, they could order it for you.

Apparently, Canon Europe sells refurbs via eBay.

Upvote 0

dr croubie

Too many photos, too little time.
Jun 1, 2011
neuroanatomist said:
Apparently, Canon Europe sells refurbs via eBay.

i've heard this a few times around the place, and finally figured out where. ebay.co.uk and search for 'canon refurb' turns up the seller 'canon_uk1'. currently 170 items up, a 5D kit, 24-105L, 17-55 f/2.8, 70-200 f/4L IS, and a crudload of pixma printers and Ixus cameras.
Postage only to UK, hence i couldn't even find it using ebay.nl where i'd looked before. maybe my sister in London is going to be receiving a few boxes in the mail for my mum to bring home with her to Aus when she's up there end of the year...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.