"Power related problems" with the LP-EL battery for my EL-5

HI If this helps My EL5 Experiences.
I have two el5 one drains the battery when switched off the other doesn't I have 4 batteries and found it is down to one EL5.
Haven't sorted this yet, I always take batteries out of the El5s and put them in at the start of a shoot.
Not ideal but stops the ordeal of starting a shoot with no battery.
The EL5 is ok but it's tricky to use it as remote flash WHEN combined with other Flash models (Elinchrom Skyport system) as the Hotshoe is a 15pin and physically won't fit, also no Flash input sync socket to trigger manually.
There is a lot of hassle to set up to get these little flashes to help out with other flash systems, I have found.
The E10 transmitter is easier to read from R3 screen unlike the old STE 3 rt, BUT I haven't found away to scan for clear frequencies which you could with the ste3rt. Anyone figured that out?
Also you don't know which flash is ready unlike the STE 3rt.
I also think the 15 pin can get dirt in it so you have to give the socket a blow otherwise the flash doesn't fire, or it has a weak /blocked signal but I can't check as it has no frequency scanner!
I use the simple Godox S types to hold the flash guns and they are a very fiddly fit withthe el5 you have to reverse them in! I like these, they are cheap reliable, easy to put my Elinchrom kit on and when they fall over they take the hit normally instead of a flash. Not found a better speedlight holder system yet.

OK nice to hear if any one else agrees or fixes battery drain.

Upvote 0