Camera Insurance (U.K.)

May 26, 2012
Maybe a bit of a late reply but it's simply a case of talking to your current insurance company. Most places require you to specify individual items if they are over £2500 each. My policy with RBS covers £8000 when out and about as that's the most I'd have with me at any one time - everything else would just be covered by normal house contents.

As every company is slightly different you'll just have to shop around. I've never made a claim so can't offer too much advice. It's only when things go wrong that you find out how good a company is - instant pay-out or months of phone calls and anger?

If you have business needs, that'll change things.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
Another late reply, but props to Aaduki. OK, its a heavily qualified endorsement as I've not needed to claim thankfully. They are however, reasonable, expert, courteous, comprehensive and have a nice sensibly practical policy regarding theft from vehicles and unattended gear that made me happier buying. I've renewed for a further year and its still sensibly priced for covering gear and public liability.

Upvote 0