Can anyone recommend me a Arca Swiss plate for my 5D Mk III?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

markd61

I don't know if RRS has developed a plate for it yet but they are the ones I would wait for.
I made the mistake of using a generic that did work but it twisted and had awkward access to the pc terminal and cable release port.

I switched to the RRS version and could not be happier. It is rock solid, allows me to use my pc cords and cable release easily AND creates a strap attachment point that actually improves on Canon's (IMO).

Upvote 0
markd61 said:
I don't know if RRS has developed a plate for it yet but they are the ones I would wait for.
I made the mistake of using a generic that did work but it twisted and had awkward access to the pc terminal and cable release port.

I switched to the RRS version and could not be happier. It is rock solid, allows me to use my pc cords and cable release easily AND creates a strap attachment point that actually improves on Canon's (IMO).

I have the RRS on pre-order they said they are going to be available end of april

Upvote 0
R

RKlukas

The Arca-Swiss L bracket(802306) has a removable base plate. You can use it as QR plate or plug the bracket in and have the L bracket when needed. The plates are available separately, so you only need 1 L bracket for several bodies and never need to replace the L bracket when you change bodies.
It is easily adjustable to body size, so that is not a factor either.
The base plates have an anti-twist pin for various bodies as well.
Might be a good choice...
Rod

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-03-26 at 9.19.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-03-26 at 9.19.23 AM.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,318
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.