Status
Not open for further replies.

Marsu42

Canon Pride.
Feb 7, 2012
Berlin
der-tierfotograf.de
psolberg said:
well, I'm in the process of switching away from the mkII and I'm one of the few people here that actually owns a D800 and has shot with it long enough to form an informed opinion. The level of detail, color, DR, simply blew my socks off.

It's a real pity there is no real competition between Nikon and Canon because people are fixed to a system with their lenses. Given the d800, I'd really like to see Canon prices drop accordingly - but looking at the 5d3 demand, this is not likely to happen.

Upvote 0
Marsu42 said:
psolberg said:
well, I'm in the process of switching away from the mkII and I'm one of the few people here that actually owns a D800 and has shot with it long enough to form an informed opinion. The level of detail, color, DR, simply blew my socks off.

It's a real pity there is no real competition between Nikon and Canon because people are fixed to a system with their lenses. Given the d800, I'd really like to see Canon prices drop accordingly - but looking at the 5d3 demand, this is not likely to happen.

You are correct. And it is a pitty canon simply charges that because they know they can get away with it.

Upvote 0
O

Orion

psolberg said:
Marsu42 said:
psolberg said:

You are correct. And it is a pitty canon simply charges that because they know they can get away with it.

. . . . which is jsut another reason why I HATE "fanboys" and their B.S.

but I would also veture to say thqat Canonis not getting away with anything . . . . the 5DmkIII IS WORTH $3500. My 30D cost me a pretty penny when it was released . . and the 5DmkIII is MORE than fair. I AM IN HEAVEN. But yes . . I know . . . . it is still $500 more than the D800 . . . . "OMG"

Upvote 0
B

briansquibb

psolberg said:
well, I'm in the process of switching away from the mkII and I'm one of the few people here that actually owns a D800 and has shot with it long enough to form an informed opinion. After 3 days of using it, RAW is the way to go with this bad boy. The level of detail, color, DR, simply blew my socks off. There is just nothing in the canon side that comes close, and it would be a waste to use jpg only unless you have some really good reason to.

Have you used a 1DS3 then?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.