Canon 7D Mk II 1.1.0 Firmware announced in NZ

tlieser

pixels don't make a picture
Feb 16, 2016
Vienna
thomas-lieser.smugmug.com
See
https://www.canon.co.nz/en-NZ/Personal/Support-Help/Support-News/Firmware-Updates/eos-7d-mark-ii-firmware-update

EOS 7D Mark II Firmware Update Notification

Firmware Version 1.1.0. incorporates a number of fixes and improvements for EOS 7D Mark II
Thank you for using Canon products.

Regarding the EOS 7D Mark II Digital SLR camera, we are planning to release Firmware Version 1.1.0 for download from the Web in order to enhance functions.

Changes: We are planning to incorporate the following change to enhance functions.

Add support to Wi-Fi adapter W-E1.
Add new setting to enable or disable the lens automatically retracts to its minimum length when a gear-driven STM lens*1 is attached, and the power switch is turned to [OFF].
*1 EF 40mm f/2.8 STM, EF 50mm f/1.8 STM, or EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM lenses
Add Lens optical correction data for the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM lens to the camera.

Target Products:

EOS 7D Mark II Digital SLR Cameras
* Cameras with firmware Version 1.0.5 or earlier should be updated.

Firmware Release:

We are planning to release the firmware in early September 2016

tlieser

pixels don't make a picture
Feb 16, 2016
Vienna
thomas-lieser.smugmug.com
travisdeland said:
I'm sure that announcement has dashed a lot of high hopes.
The features they added are ok for me.And, I was hoping that they make DualPixel RAW available on the 7DMk2 as well.
Otherwise I don't have a lot to complain (I own the 7DMk2 for 4 months now, about 15000 shots taken, so I'm still learning to use it)

Upvote 0
tlieser said:
travisdeland said:
I'm sure that announcement has dashed a lot of high hopes.
The features they added are ok for me.And, I was hoping that they make DualPixel RAW available on the 7DMk2 as well.
Otherwise I don't have a lot to complain (I own the 7DMk2 for 4 months now, about 15000 shots taken, so I'm still learning to use it)

I've got 2 of the 7D2 bodies, and all of those STM lenses as well. I make the comment because I know, based on threads, here, that there were quite a few in the video crowd hoping for 4K upgrades

Upvote 0