Canon Announces the PowerShot SX520 HS & SX400 HS

chmod said:
Don't worry, they'll come soon enough. If you can't wait, feel free to switch to Nikon. You might want to try 6D first for the meantime. It's not as high-DR/MP as the D810 but it's the best Canon can offer if you're looking for IQ/MP.

I think I said I own a 1DX. Why would I want to downgrade? You may love the 6D, but it's already out of date.

My 1DX is very, very close to being out of date for the simple reason of Canon wishing to sustain their professional channels. This is their prerogative.

They could have a new high MP unit in the channels NOW. They could have an innovative mirrorless body in the channels NOW.

Instead, they announced new PowerShots? A lame cloud storage system? A partnership with MS? A new iteration of DPP?

You may be happy with these new announcements, and that is your right.

I am not.

For the record, 6D, 5D3 and 1DX isn't out of date. Your skills will determine mostly if something is out of date or not. And photography is not all about MP nor AF nor DR. If you want the latest tech, maybe you should wait till photokina. Who knows, Canon might make you happy, finally...

http://www.canonrumors.com/2014/07/canon-to-make-a-big-splash-at-photokina-cr2/

Upvote 0
verysimplejason said:
chmod said:
Don't worry, they'll come soon enough. If you can't wait, feel free to switch to Nikon. You might want to try 6D first for the meantime. It's not as high-DR/MP as the D810 but it's the best Canon can offer if you're looking for IQ/MP.

I think I said I own a 1DX. Why would I want to downgrade? You may love the 6D, but it's already out of date.

My 1DX is very, very close to being out of date for the simple reason of Canon wishing to sustain their professional channels. This is their prerogative.

They could have a new high MP unit in the channels NOW. They could have an innovative mirrorless body in the channels NOW.

Instead, they announced new PowerShots? A lame cloud storage system? A partnership with MS? A new iteration of DPP?

I am not.

For the record, 6D, 5D3 and 1DX isn't out of date. Your skills will determine mostly if something is out of date or not. And photography is not all about MP nor AF nor DR. If you want the latest tech, maybe you should wait till photokina. Who knows, Canon might make you happy, finally...

Too bad it turned out it is a photo competition by Canon India :) (an Update to the same news)

Upvote 0
chmod said:

Why do you think they don't? Bear in mind that Canon has the best-selling and most-profitable DSLRs right now. In light of that, what specific reasons might Canon have for their lack of high-MP body? Have Canon shooters been flocking to Nikon D8xx bodies? Or to Sony?

Why do you assume that? Perhaps we're just realistic. Nikon has demonstrated that a high-MP body is not as profitable as what Canon is selling now. Sony has demonstrated the same for mirrorless. Canon does not want to sell your perfect DSLR just to people like you, they want to sell a popular and profitable body.

It might do you some good to pick up an introductory business textbook.

Upvote 0