Canon announces three large format LUCIA PRO II imagePROGRAF printers

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
A trio of 11-color plus chroma optimizer inkjet models for the large-format imagePROGRAF Series, the new imagePROGRAF 60-inch PRO-6600, 44-inch PRO-4600 and 24-inch PRO-2600 models, were announced today by Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions. Designed for photography and fine art, the new imagePROGRAF PRO line features the newly developed LUCIA PRO

See full article...

Reactions: 1 user

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA
I have the Prograf 4100 and it's the best thing I ever got regarding photography. I am wondering if there are any new inks or firmware that might be of use for my existing printer? While it's hard to imagine the printer being able to print any more beautifully, I would welcome a better update of the Canon Professional Print & Layout (Mac) software I have to use with it. I'm also wondering if the new Canon fine art (roll) paper will be a step up from my existing Moab Entrada bright 190g paper, which is my go-to fine art paper?

Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2021
I have the Prograf 4100 and it's the best thing I ever got regarding photography. I am wondering if there are any new inks or firmware that might be of use for my existing printer? While it's hard to imagine the printer being able to print any more beautifully, I would welcome a better update of the Canon Professional Print & Layout (Mac) software I have to use with it. I'm also wondering if the new Canon fine art (roll) paper will be a step up from my existing Moab Entrada bright 190g paper, which is my go-to fine art paper?
I don't think it can happen but I'd like to use 300g watercolor paper.

Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
Kinda curious, as an owner of a PRO-4000 I got a good used deal on, and so no realistic prospect to really ever upgrade, how long can I expect to get ink cartridges for it, especially now seeing yet another new model coming out.
Canon makes a fortune on ink.
That is not something that I worry about much.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
I don't think it can happen but I'd like to use 300g watercolor paper.
I found this produced prints that were somewhat dense. For cut sheets I find Canon’s ‘Fine Art Smooth’ paper which is 310g produces a beautiful print if you want the ‘watercolour paper’ effect.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2016
The prints will last a lifetime, or more. I know many people whose treasured ink jet prints have faded to a dull pink colour over a few years.
I'm not asking about how long the prints will last, I'm pretty confident in those. I was just wondering how long Canon will keep making new ink carts for what is apparently now an old printer.

Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2021
I'm not asking about how long the prints will last, I'm pretty confident in those. I was just wondering how long Canon will keep making new ink carts for what is apparently now an old printer.
Possibly what @Sporgon was alluding to is that even when Canon eventually stops producing a particular printer model's ink, you'll be able to find it sold by another company, but this company's ink might fade.

Upvote 0