Canon Awarded Four Prestigious 2018 EISA Awards

London, UK, Wednesday 15 August 2018 – Canon Europe is honoured to have been awarded four prestigious accolades from the European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA) showcasing the breadth of Canon’s unrivalled camera, lens and accessory line-up.

EOS 6D Mark II named ‘EISA DSLR Camera 2018-2019’
EOS M50 named ‘EISA Best Buy camera 2018-2019’
EF 85mm f/1.4L IS USM awarded the ‘EISA DSLR prime lens 2018-2019’
Speedlite 470EX-AI flash awarded the ‘EISA photo innovation 2018-2019’

ESIA%20Award_1_tcm13-1710423.jpg

Voted by an esteemed panel of judges, consisting of editors from 53 internationally-respected consumer electronics magazines across 23 European countries – as well as Australia, India, Canada and the USA – EISA celebrates technology products that combine the most advanced expertise and desirable features in their class.
Lee Bonniface, Marketing Director, Canon Europe said, “We constantly strive to produce the...

Continue reading...

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
:D

"Voted by an esteemed panel of judges, consisting of editors from 53 internationally-respected consumer electronics magazines across 23 European countries – as well as Australia, India, Canada and the USA – EISA celebrates technology products that combine the most advanced expertise and desirable features in their class."

I'd like to see a list of those - bet DPR wasn't on the panel ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
EISA works hard to create enough categories to insure just about every major manufacturer gets an award for something. Looks like for 2018 only Olympus and Pentax lost out.

The actual categories shift around from year to year and nominated products must have been tested by member magazines within a specific timeframe. Example winners from 2017 included: Consumer dSLR - Canon 77D, Pro dSLR - Canon 5DIV, Prosumer dSLR - Nikon D7500, Pro Compact System Lens - Sony GM 70-200, Compact System Zoom - Olympus 12-100 PRO. For 2018 they introduce several mirrorless lens categories and drop the prosumer category.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
To be fair there's alot of Sony-Only categories in EISA though.
Yeah...Sony is the king of prestigious awards for imaging products from companies with 4-letter names, whereas Canon has to duke it out with Nikon, Zeiss, and Leica for the prestigious awards for imaging products from companies with 5-letter names. ;)

(Cynical comment not removed by author before publishing)

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Sporgon

CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
very "innovative". OMG! A system flash able to turn its head based on input from a position/gyro sensor. WOW! So amazing 21st century! 100% artificial intelligence of the highest order. Exactly what I was asking for all along. o_O

But so very useful in practice to those of us that use bounced flash a great deal in general social photography.

Upvote 0

Sporgon

CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
how noisy is that zoom head motor, btw?

I'll tell you when I get one. In a demo video it didn't sound very loud, but then as you're one of these people who believe that the sound of a dslr mirror flicking breaks the 82 decibel public nuisance limited I guess you'd find it unacceptable ;)

Upvote 0