Canon Cinema EOS announcements today at 1PM EDT, and you can watch live

PureClassA

Canon since age 5. The A1
CR Pro
Aug 15, 2014
Mandeville, LA
Shields-Photography.com
With the rumoured release in July, an official announcement in May is much more likely (look at the parallel between 1DX III development announcement vs the release announcement). April -> July is too much time. Plus, this release is very big for the film/video crowd so deserves it's own announcement.

And the official R5 announcement with all the previews and first looks that come with it will be interesting enough with plenty of specs we don't know yet; there's loads of unknown stuff at this point.
Yeah as much as we all would love it today, I agree the R5 (and R6) get a show of their own in a few weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

PureClassA

Canon since age 5. The A1
CR Pro
Aug 15, 2014
Mandeville, LA
Shields-Photography.com
We don’t care, we want the info, and we want it now! I would think that far more people are waiting for the R5 than this. I’m not denigrating this, but I can’t see a single reason to not just dump the news now. We all know it’s coming. We all know the specs they did release. We all know the anticipated specs. It’s not an Osborn thing. Anyone waiting will still be waiting.
We get that.... BUT. This is week that was SUPPOSED to be NAB in Vegas, leading unto the NFL Draft on Thursday. The C300-3 is an NAB product. Hence you get streaming NAB Announcement

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2015
Whoa! We got IBIS???
Same electronic 5-axis system as the C500 Mark II
The real deal here is the 16 stops of dynamic range, a big step up.
"The newly developed 4K Super 35mm DGO imaging system captures high dynamic range content by reading out each pixel through two separate gains."

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Nov 2, 2016
With the rumoured release in July, an official announcement in May is much more likely (look at the parallel between 1DX III development announcement vs the release announcement). April -> July is too much time. Plus, this release is very big for the film/video crowd so deserves it's own announcement.

And the official R5 announcement with all the previews and first looks that come with it will be interesting enough with plenty of specs we don't know yet; there's loads of unknown stuff at this point.
Sure, I get it. But they didn’t have to release any specs, but they did. Many of us are are home, and having all of the info would give us something more to discuss, as well as all the You Tube channel talk to see. I don’t see any harm in it. At this time, all they can be doing is polishing some last minute software bugs and features.

Upvote 0
Nov 2, 2016
We get that.... BUT. This is week that was SUPPOSED to be NAB in Vegas, leading unto the NFL Draft on Thursday. The C300-3 is an NAB product. Hence you get streaming NAB Announcement
That’s this particular week. I just brought it up because there’s an announcement. They could have released all of the info earlier when they released part of it.

Upvote 0
This press conference directly lines up with the dates for the cancelled NAB show in Las Vegas, where they would have in all likelihood introduced the C300 anyhow. I have a feeling that we'll get the official announcements for R5, lenses, maybe R6, etc. at an event that lines up with when Photokina would have been, at the end of May. Canon was expected to make a big splash then anyhow.

That all being said, you can add me to the list of people who are hoping for a few crumbs of info, a few tidbits of something to tide us over. And wishfully thinking of more...

Jody

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
That’s this particular week. I just brought it up because there’s an announcement. They could have released all of the info earlier when they released part of it.
Your own posts explain why they didn't – building anticipation.

Look at all the people on this forum who are wetting their pants with excitement over any hint of new information. Why would Canon waste the opportunity to build even more interest over the coming month or so? By the time this thing gets announced, they will have enough pre-sales on Day One to outlast supply well into 2021. And, don't forget, the early adopters premium is pure profit for Canon and its retail partners. Given what a disastrous year this has been, they need to squeeze every bit of profit out of the market that they can and it's the affluent enthusiasts that the R5 appeals to who still have disposable income to spend.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0