Canon Closes California, New Jersey, and Illinois Service Facilities

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Due to the “stay at home” directives from authorities in California, New Jersey, and Illinois, as well as local “Shelter in Place” orders, our Canon service facilities in Costa Mesa and Burbank, California; Lyndhurst, New Jersey; and Itasca, Illinois are temporarily closed until further notice. Products needing repair can be directed to our Factory Service Center in Newport News, Virginia. Please note that walk-in service is not available at this location. We apologize for any inconvenience and delays that may occur during this time. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding.
We encourage you to use our online system to set up the service of your product at: https://www.usa.canon.com/repair.

The spread of COVID-19 is a rapidly evolving situation that is of great concern to everyone. Canon’s commitment is to take proactive and proportional steps in accordance with all recommended procedures and protocols as advised by the CDC...

Continue reading...

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Not surprised, but it is unfortunate. I wonder how long they will be able to meet the turnaround times they promise for CPS members. There may be a lot of people sending their equipment in for routine maintenance right about now, since we won't be needing them for sports, events, weddings, etc.

Upvote 0
And once Virginia shuts down, Canon Factory Service turns into an equipment black hole. I currently have a C500 MKII in for repair and I’m getting the sense that won’t be getting it back for the foreseeable future. I was told all of the equipment in for repair from CA and NJ was being shipped to Virginia. At this rate, will anybody still be at the Virginia facility to accept the equipment when it arrives?

Basically, my suggestion is that nobody should be sending equipment in for repair right now.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
And once Virginia shuts down, Canon Factory Service turns into an equipment black hole. I currently have a C500 MKII in for repair and I’m getting the sense that won’t be getting it back for the foreseeable future. I was told all of the equipment in for repair from CA and NJ was being shipped to Virginia. At this rate, will anybody still be at the Virginia facility to accept the equipment when it arrives?

Basically, my suggestion is that nobody should be sending equipment in for repair right now.
Right. If its used for emergency purposes (The list varies by state, but its long), then I'd send it in and identify why it needs priority. Medical, law enforcement, military and news reporting are generally considered to be approved reasons to operate, there are a ton of others, power, fuel, its a long long list.

Upvote 0
Right. If its used for emergency purposes (The list varies by state, but its long), then I'd send it in and identify why it needs priority. Medical, law enforcement, military and news reporting are generally considered to be approved reasons to operate, there are a ton of others, power, fuel, its a long long list.

Sure, if you are using your camera for news reporting then you can still go to work, maybe. But the Canon facilities are not open. Nobody is there to fix your camera no matter how badly you need it. Maybe Canon will manage to get some type of skeleton crew approved if Virginia shuts down, but it is a risky bet.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Sure, if you are using your camera for news reporting then you can still go to work, maybe. But the Canon facilities are not open. Nobody is there to fix your camera no matter how badly you need it. Maybe Canon will manage to get some type of skeleton crew approved if Virginia shuts down, but it is a risky bet.
Nikon is totally shut down.

There are a zillion if's, we will have to see which ones happen.

Upvote 0