Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM

This figure is from the limited edition of a computer game I bought a few years ago. I tried what I could do to it in Photoshop to make it look more interesting. You can see the result in the second frame.
The picture of the rose is nothing special but still one of my favourite pictures I took with the 35mm f/1.4 II.

Attachments

• IMG_5270.JPG
    IMG_5270.JPG
    636.2 KB · Views: 278
Upvote 0

scottburgess

Canonical Canon
Jun 20, 2013
For the heck of it, I tried adding an extension tube. Turned out to be a good move as the shallow depth of field bokeh is exquisite! The Fetid Adder's Tongues are out, our first flower of spring, so here are a couple samples. The vertical shot is a single frame. The horizontal is two frames, one shallow DOF, one deeper; I loaded both in Photoshop, aligned them, then painted in the portions of the deeper one that I wanted.

Attachments

• SAB_9841_9842.jpg
    SAB_9841_9842.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 227
  • SAB_9829.jpg
    SAB_9829.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 234
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
scottburgess said:
For the heck of it, I tried adding an extension tube. Turned out to be a good move as the shallow depth of field bokeh is exquisite! The Fetid Adder's Tongues are out, our first flower of spring, so here are a couple samples. The vertical shot is a single frame. The horizontal is two frames, one shallow DOF, one deeper; I loaded both in Photoshop, aligned them, then painted in the portions of the deeper one that I wanted.

Brilliant!

Upvote 0