Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Firmware 1.1 Coming Soon

1DX2Uncut

Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II & 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II
Aug 12, 2016
Southern California
Click said:
1DX2Uncut said:
Is anyone else still experiencing any problems?

No. I'm using Lexar CFast cards now.

Which model? 3500x or 3600x?

Canon is taking this very seriously. I just reported this on a Sunday, and they've already responded with a request for the corrupt image file. I'm impressed that level of support and one the reasons I stay loyal to Canon.

Upvote 0

1DX2Uncut

Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II & 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II
Aug 12, 2016
Southern California
I do want to correct an aspect of my post regarding card corruption. This is not a card corruption per say (with missing data). Upon closer inspection, I identified what was going on with the left side of the frame. But there is still something odd with the color profile (and it just could be me - operator error) and more than likely has nothing to do with the CFast card.

I did send the images to Canon, but unfortunately, the card was already reformatted and I only had un-processed .dng's to send. :-[

Upvote 0
The firmware update also requires an update to EOS Utility Version 3.5.0

Changes in the Firmware
Firmware Version 1.1.2 incorporates the following improvements to enhance functions.

1. The addition of a selectable color-tone option for the LCD monitor.
2. The addition of a function to append IPTC data.
3. The addition of a function to transfer only protected images.
4. The addition of a function to set the GPS positional data retention period.
5. An increase in the number of network connection settings that can be saved to a memory card from 20 to 40.
6. When retrying FTP transfer, extension of the minimum auto power off time to 10 minutes.
7. Improvement of wireless transmission when using Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E6.

The Version 1.1.2 firmware being released at this time is for cameras with Firmware Version 1.0.2 or earlier. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.1.2, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
When updating the firmware of your camera, please first go over the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.
The firmware update takes approximately six minutes.

Notes:
(1) Once the camera is updated to Version 1.1.2, it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version (Version 1.0.0 / 1.0.2).
(2) "Camera setting files" generated on a camera with Firmware Version 1.0.2 or earlier cannot be used on a camera with Firmware Version 1.1.2 or later.
(3) EOS-1D X Mark II cameras with Firmware Version 1.1.2 require the latest version of EOS Utility. EOS Utility Version 3.5.0 or later can be downloaded from our Web site.
*EOS Utility Version 3.5.0 is supported on the following OSes:
Windows 10 / 8.1 / 7 SP1, Mac OS X v10.9 / 10.10 / 10.11
(4) Download the latest version of the Instruction Manual which contains information regarding the enhancements provided through this firmware update.

Upvote 0