Canon EOS 5D mark IV firmware update delayed

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Tron.
I think the silent live view thing may have value, I don't currently own a T/S lens, but if I did (and I would like to, I went on a CPS course recently) I would likely use live view as these things are not something you generally hand hold and use in a hurry, I also sometimes use silent live view, so this fix comes in to play when you 'forget to deselect' silent live view when you put the T/S on the front, and who hasn't forgotten worse things than that! :)
Plus I don't have a 5DIV so I don't have either of the items to create this issue, but what the hey! :) :)

Cheers, Graham.

tron said:
Valvebounce said:
Hi Tron.
Of all the firmware updates this seems like one of the more useful as it not only adds lens correction for T/S lenses, it fixes stuff. (Also for T/S Lenses!) :)
Support will be added to fix a phenomenon* in which standard exposure may not be obtained, or an irregular exposure may result, when Silent LV (Live View) shooting with the following TS-E lenses: TS-E 50mm f/2.8L MACRO, TS-E 90mm f/2.8L MACRO, or TS-E 135mm f/4L MACRO.
Also doesn't this bit "Support for Exif 2.31 will be added." Get read by all compatible software, not just DPP.

Cheers, Graham.
Still how all these translate for you? Even if you (will) use TS lenses do you use silent LV and/or DPP?

Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
Valvebounce said:
Hi Tron.
I think the silent live view thing may have value, I don't currently own a T/S lens, but if I did (and I would like to, I went on a CPS course recently) I would likely use live view as these things are not something you generally hand hold and use in a hurry, I also sometimes use silent live view, so this fix comes in to play when you 'forget to deselect' silent live view when you put the T/S on the front, and who hasn't forgotten worse things than that! :)
Plus I don't have a 5DIV so I don't have either of the items to create this issue, but what the hey! :) :)

Cheers, Graham.

tron said:
Valvebounce said:
Hi Tron.
Of all the firmware updates this seems like one of the more useful as it not only adds lens correction for T/S lenses, it fixes stuff. (Also for T/S Lenses!) :)
Support will be added to fix a phenomenon* in which standard exposure may not be obtained, or an irregular exposure may result, when Silent LV (Live View) shooting with the following TS-E lenses: TS-E 50mm f/2.8L MACRO, TS-E 90mm f/2.8L MACRO, or TS-E 135mm f/4L MACRO.
Also doesn't this bit "Support for Exif 2.31 will be added." Get read by all compatible software, not just DPP.

Cheers, Graham.
Still how all these translate for you? Even if you (will) use TS lenses do you use silent LV and/or DPP?
hello, thanks for answering. I asked all these because although i have tse lenses (24 and 17 but i use mostly the 17) i didn't feel i am missing any functionality but i get your point about live view. Still this update seems more like a bug fixer rather than a feature update to me.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Tron.
Absolutely a bug fix update. :)
I'm praying for one feature update firmware fix when (if?) they update the exif on the 7DII, I would really like gps off with power switch off, I keep forgetting to go in and enable it in the menu and it flattens the battery all the time (even when the power switch is off )if you leave it enabled!

Cheers, Graham.

tron said:
Valvebounce said:
Hi Tron.

Cheers, Graham.

tron said:
Valvebounce said:
Hi Tron.

Cheers, Graham.
hello, thanks for anwering. I asked all these because although i have tse lenss (24 and 17 but i use mostly the 17) i didn't feel i am missing any functionality but i get your point about live view. Still this update seems more like a bug fixer rather than a feature update to me.

Upvote 0