Canon EOS R1 and EOS R5 Mark II marketing and training has begun with preferred retailers

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
  • Haha
Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
This desperate cry for help has a simple solution: sell your Leica gear and live the “high live“ of the proceeds….;).

P.S. I hope your wrist and hand are recovering well.
1: you forgot my wife...
2: selling my Leicas? I'd rather die under Inquisition torture.
3: I'm too old and avaricious, unless it's about cute little Leica or Canon babes.
Thanks for the good wishes, I just took my first orchid pictures 2 days ago (orchis purpurea an o. mascula) in Alsace. Literally thousands of purpureas, never seen so many. Hand is recovering well, I can again sleep all night, burning feeling is gone, though sensitivity is not yet back again. Could take some more weeks.
But since Canon's new cameras could get eye-control AF, like the R3, I'm not worried!
PS: The RF 100L macro is a wonderful lens!
_C4A2087.jpg_C4A2070.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2021
I saw Blow-Up over 50 years ago so I know what the pros get up to.

Blow-Up (1966)

IMDb
https://www.imdb.com › title

A successful mod photographer in London whose world is bounded by fashion, pop music, marijuana, and easy sex, feels his life is boring and despairing.
Thank you for mentioning it. I'm often looking for good old non-Hollywood movies. I saw Michelangelo Antonioni's Zabriskie Point (which is somewhat famous for the music) many years ago. The story was difficult understand, but it had wonderful images. However, without a popular band's soundtrack, his other films were unavailable or difficult to see back then. By the time streaming became possible, I had completely forgotten his name.

Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2021
1: you forgot my wife...
2: selling my Leicas? I'd rather die under Inquisition torture.
3: I'm too old and avaricious, unless it's about cute little Leica or Canon babes.
Thanks for the good wishes, I just took my first orchid pictures 2 days ago (orchis purpurea an o. mascula) in Alsace. Literally thousands of purpureas, never seen so many. Hand is recovering well, I can again sleep all night, burning feeling is gone, though sensitivity is not yet back again. Could take some more weeks.
But since Canon's new cameras could get eye-control AF, like the R3, I'm not worried!
PS: The RF 100L macro is a wonderful lens!
View attachment 216123View attachment 216122
A nerve pain's burning sensation feels like hell, doesn't it? glad that part of it is past for you.
Lovely orchid photos!

Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
A nerve pain's burning sensation feels like hell, doesn't it? glad that part of it is past for you.
Lovely orchid photos!
Thanks! That's correct, it felt like my right hand was burning, made me wake up every 2 hours...
It's over now, I'm hungry for the R5 II or R1 and many many hikes in the Dolomites.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
there would be some leaks about R5II, if there is marketing training.
By now, as a minimum, there should be sensor spec info out.
there is nothing solid info rather wild speculation of 60Mpx or 45 Mpx res sensor. the 60Mpx rumor looks like someone\'s dream.
Typically, the MP count is the last information known…often not until the 1-2 days before the actual announcement.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
I hope that they will finally add GPS... it does not make sense... even the cheapest point and shoot cameras have GPS. How is it possible that this is constantly omitted on the RF mount? If i am not mistaken only R3 has GPS at the moment while in the past 7D, 5D etc they all had GPS.

It is one of the reasons that i stay with my 5D Mark IV, rather than moving to RF. (the other reason is that 5D exceeds my own abilities in photography)

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
I hope that they will finally add GPS... it does not make sense... even the cheapest point and shoot cameras have GPS. How is it possible that this is constantly omitted on the RF mount? If i am not mistaken only R3 has GPS at the moment while in the past 7D, 5D etc they all had GPS.

It is one of the reasons that i stay with my 5D Mark IV, rather than moving to RF. (the other reason is that 5D exceeds my own abilities in photography)
While I’d prefer in-body GPS, the gps-over-bluetooth to my phone has been flawless this year. It’s especially nice when shooting with multiple bodies.

The big downside is that it won’t sync the time like the GP-E2 can do.

Upvote 0