Canon EOS R1 Specifications [CR2]

So, I think I've worked out why no-one can track down your company, and why you talk about technology that (pretty clearly) doesn't yet exist: you are actually writing from a future time zone, and the real technological advance in question, that you can't tell us about for similar reasons as set out in the Back to the Future films, is that you can communicate with the past!

Sprung Harry! Sprung!
Aaaaaaaaackkkkk !!!!! Ya got me ! Ya got me! My real name is Freddy and I come from YOUR future! Specifically, that YOU are my great, great, great, great, great .... and twenty five hundred more greats ... great grandpa. I can also tell you that Arsenal wins the cup next year 2025 in a nail-biter 2-1 during post-match time on a high goal from mid-field that just-passes under the top-bar!

It's currently set at 1500:1 odds so bet that 1000 quid to get your 1 500 000 silver horses back for some serious pint-downing, liver-pickling, stout-drowning celebrations afterwards! Then you buy your Bimmer 7-series saloon and live in a waterside flat in Naples during winter for the rest of you and your soon-to-be pretty/hot italian lover's life!

Now you have it!

V

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
A photographer friend of me was able to test the R1 today at an event that took place this week right before UEFA Euro 2024. It definitly a preproduction model because a few functions were disabled.
But she had a lot of fun using it und took around 3k photos in a very short time (she's a full time sports photographer and normally uses several R3's). The R1 is a lot faster than the R3 :love:
And she told me that uncompressed RAW-Files are around 30MB ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
So are the files from my R3. Coincidence?

I don't own a R3. So i don't know the file sizes. I own a R6II and a R5. But i shoot cRAW all the time. So i have no idea what the file size should be. Also: noise is a big factor in file size. In my friends case, noise should not be a big factor. She used the R1 outside and it was very sunny. Hmm after re-thinking: her message, that the filesize is 30MB ist very useless :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I don't own a R3. So i don't know the file sizes. I own a R6II and a R5. But i shoot cRAW all the time. So i have no idea what the file size should be.
From TDP:
Model / File Size in MB @ ISO:(MP)100200400800160032006400128002560051200102400204800
Canon EOS R3(24.1)29.330.330.831.932.733.835.2.36.938.840.944.244.5

My ‘coincidence?’ was rhetorical. If it’s true that the R1 produces 30 MB uncompressed RAW files on a sunny day, the sensor is 24 MP.

Upvote 0
I don't own a R3. So i don't know the file sizes. I own a R6II and a R5. But i shoot cRAW all the time. So i have no idea what the file size should be. Also: noise is a big factor in file size. In my friends case, noise should not be a big factor. She used the R1 outside and it was very sunny. Hmm after re-thinking: her message, that the filesize is 30MB ist very useless :rolleyes:
My R5 is somewhere between 45 and 65 MB in uncompressed RAW. It's very likely that the R1 is still on 24MP with those file sizes,

• Sad
Upvote 0
I think in sports 24MP Sensor is about right. 30MP would be nice to be able to crop a little bit more. But most sports pros shoot in Jpeg with direct upload to their agency. Pics are live and ready to buy around 45sec after shooting. I don't think agencies like Getty do any editing. They only add IPTC Meta. Pics go live as shot.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0