Canon EOS R5 firmware update coming soon, RAW light to be added? [CR2]

I love my R5, but the recovery times are a bit too mystical and seem oddly long. I dont find it directly impacts me so much as it seems - weird.

Finding out there is an ignore function has made the threads much easier to read. Personal attacks, ALL CAPS and more than one exclamation mark are a pretty good starting point for consideration.

If it is the CFX card that is the problem, it is no mystery that it takes a long time to recover : It is inside the camera body and behind a door!!!! It is well insulated.

What you can try is to remove the CFX card from the camera and let it cool outside the camera. If it stands on it side, it should cool more effectively. Keeping the slot door open should increase cooling.

If you know what you are doing, you can create a piece of metal (aluminium, copper, silver, etc) that will fit in the slot and not shorten the connectors or contacts. It should extend well beyond the camera. When inserted, this should help remove heat from the card area at a faster rate.

Upvote 0
Jul 16, 2012
If it is the CFX card that is the problem, it is no mystery that it takes a long time to recover : It is inside the camera body and behind a door!!!! It is well insulated.

What you can try is to remove the CFX card from the camera and let it cool outside the camera. If it stands on it side, it should cool more effectively. Keeping the slot door open should increase cooling.

If you know what you are doing, you can create a piece of metal (aluminium, copper, silver, etc) that will fit in the slot and not shorten the connectors or contacts. It should extend well beyond the camera. When inserted, this should help remove heat from the card area at a faster rate.

None of this is correct.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
clog3 will almost give an additional 2 stops DR and put it close to the A7sIII. It's not the record times that are a problem so much as the ridiculous cool down times. Hopefully they can allow for more recording time too after a briefer shut down.

In which universe will passive cooling of heat isolated component be as fast as heating them up?

It is certainly not in this universe.

Upvote 0