Canon EOS R5 Mark II will ship in June or July

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The rumor mill has once again become a ghost town, which tends to be fairly standard ahead of major Canon announcements. First up for Canon will be the NABShow in Las Vegas, which runs from April 13 – April 17. That show tends to be for the Cinema EOS line, though information about that has

See full article...

I know better than to trust any positive product info on April 1st.
I don´t think this is an April fools joke. A spec list including a stacked global shutter with 150 MP and QPAF and a 50% "first order, first served" discount for the entire first batch of R5mkii´s would more likely be a nice way to enter the month of April.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
so the only comment should be…
don’t buy a new camera until a few more months or get a great camera for a big discount now if you need one

Otherwise specific nda in place for real information until someone slips up on a retail website with hard info.

Until then.. sounds like gossip about hearsay masquerading as a rumour :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

LSXPhotog

Automotive, Commercial, & Motorsports
CR Pro
Apr 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
www.diossiphotography.com
I’m a bit perplexed that we went from “all eyes on the R1” to the R5 Mark II taking center stage in rumors. I’m looking forward to the new R5, but I wonder if there was some unforeseen delay with the R1. I would imagine that it’s no longer possible to hit that Olympic Games target unless there is a very short announcement/launch window? I don’t believe very many photographers there will take an unproven camera to the Olympics without enough time in hand to familiarize themselves with how it works and set up/test network operations.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
I’m a bit perplexed that we went from “all eyes on the R1” to the R5 Mark II taking center stage in rumors. I’m looking forward to the new R5, but I wonder if there was some unforeseen delay with the R1. I would imagine that it’s no longer possible to hit that Olympic Games target unless there is a very short announcement/launch window? I don’t believe very many photographers there will take an unproven camera to the Olympics without enough time in hand to familiarize themselves with how it works and set up/test network operations.
I would imagine it will be like many other Canon releases. They will have specific photographers at the Olympics with the R1 and they will have had the camera for some time to get ready. They will start shipping after the Olympics with all the photos for examples. I just hope they make an announcement on both so we can compare and see if the R1 is worth the extra or if we should just go R5 II. If the R5 II is stacked, then the R1 will have to have some serious juice. I am deciding if I sell the R3 or R5 at this point to upgrade.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

john1970

EOS R3
CR Pro
Dec 27, 2015
Northeastern US
Canon will likely be testing the R1 in the hands of select professionals at the Olympics. This is what they did with the R3. I believe Jeff Cable tested the R3 at the Olympics in 2020.

Upvote 0
Nov 13, 2023
Is that June or July of this year? Or are they going to put it off until 2025 and keep saying it's supply issues when no one else is having any. Laughable at this point.
I often wonder why people with such a strong anti-Canon bias bother to waste their precious time coming onto a Canon rumor site to make ignorant and completely inaccurate statements. The idea that no one else is having supply issues is laughable at this point.

Reactions: 8 users
Upvote 0