Canon EOS R6 IBIS in action

Anyone shooting the Snow Moon tonight? Maybe with an Ra? (Gotta stay sort of on topic) Last night the clouds parted for a few minutes and I got a couple but not with my usual moon settings as I was rushed + from a deck in the backyard of the the suburbs with light pollution.
Yeah, I may give it a go. I tried the blood moon last year (February, I think) and was really pleased with the results I got.
May have a wander out tonight and see if I can find some good foreground / silhouette to try. Only slight concern is the UK is supposedly about to get battered by Storm Ciara, so may be a bit too windy!
Not with an Ra though.
You going to try again tonight? (Saturday night meant to be the peak).

Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
You actually think Canon is going to pack all that into the R6 and sell it only a few hundred more than the RP? Lol. R6 is going to be close to $3k and the R5 close to $5k. This is Canon we are talking about here...

We may not be able to correctly guess what features are going to be in which bodies...BUT, we all see how rapidly the market for FF ILC's has been shrinking. Perhaps FINALLY Canon has realized this is a fight for existence, not just market share, and that aggressive tactics are going to be needed to knock either Sony or Nikon effectively out of the race (at least for a time).

As a consumer, I look forward to more and better; however, I'm not happy about the health of this industry, nor what lower sales volumes mean to prices. But right now, we might be entering bonanza time--if we are getting ready to see an all out features war.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
Yeah, I may give it a go. I tried the blood moon last year (February, I think) and was really pleased with the results I got.
May have a wander out tonight and see if I can find some good foreground / silhouette to try. Only slight concern is the UK is supposedly about to get battered by Storm Ciara, so may be a bit too windy!
Not with an Ra though.
You going to try again tonight? (Saturday night meant to be the peak).
We have a snow storm tonight so what I got last night might be it. I'll just sit ready in case the heavens open up for a bit. It wasn't bad at 560mm (I'm used to 400 max in the past)

SHOT3933.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
What will canon do with the remaining stock of R and RP bodies after the R5 and R6 are released? Take them to Goodwill?
Sell them for even cheaper. I think it might be a good and aggressive tactic against Sony, cause their A7II is down to $900, probably $800 soon.
I think Canon is gonna attack that with an RP for $700 around christmas.

Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
What will canon do with the remaining stock of R and RP bodies after the R5 and R6 are released? Take them to Goodwill?
The R will still be the great camera it is today. For portraits, real-estate, still-lifes, events that don't involve much action, travel... Sold more cheaply maybe, discontinued sooner than originally planned...Good question!

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

PureClassA

Canon since age 5. The A1
CR Pro
Aug 15, 2014
Mandeville, LA
Shields-Photography.com
yes.
But: why does this camera only have 20MP? Because of light capabilities? Then it has the sensor of the

Here is the 3rd: Campagnolo for 20+ years ...

Because using an excellent sensor they already produce for another camera makes perfect business sense. 20MP is plenty perfect for regular use.

Upvote 0

PureClassA

Canon since age 5. The A1
CR Pro
Aug 15, 2014
Mandeville, LA
Shields-Photography.com
I am really not sure, what is coming with R6. Name suggests continuation of 6D line. But really? Going down from 26 to 20 mpx? Who would want that? Plastic body? No nice top OLED LCD? Does not seem to be a video centric monster (A7S competition) either?

OK, just for an amusement, I will continue with my typical Canon rant - Canon is yet again going to release a camera, noone has asked for :)

You assume EVERYONE cares about some stupid MP race. Most people do not. Especially most full time pro level users. Cuz that is the sensor from the $6500 Professional 1DX3 going into theR6.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
I am really not sure, what is coming with R6. Name suggests continuation of 6D line. But really? Going down from 26 to 20 mpx? Who would want that? Plastic body? No nice top OLED LCD? Does not seem to be a video centric monster (A7S competition) either?

The name suggests nothing of the sort. What do you want? R13?

Canon is yet again going to release a camera, noone has asked for :)

How would you know nobody has a need or desire for this? Because you don't? ok.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
How can one tell from a video if a camera body is magnesium or something else? There must have been some audio giving some specs, so is Craig holding back additional information?
Um. I never mentioned video but I would guess that assumption is being made due to the 20mp sensor

Upvote 0
We have a snow storm tonight so what I got last night might be it. I'll just sit ready in case the heavens open up for a bit. It wasn't bad at 560mm (I'm used to 400 max in the past)

View attachment 188585
Actually, I quite like that - much more atmospheric with the cloud. Nice shot.
No go here - been out and there is 100% cloud cover - should have expected it with the Storm coming in, I suppose :(

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
Actually, I quite like that - much more atmospheric with the cloud. Nice shot.
No go here - been out and there is 100% cloud cover - should have expected it with the Storm coming in, I suppose :(
Thanks, the clouds were really moving quickly so everything came out very amorphous plus it being Level 8 Bortle Scale light pollution.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
What integrity? You think this site has integrity? I don't what to know who you look to for news.
I do not come here for news. That settled, I did go to Google to research countless posts by beachcolonist on various forums and sites spewing vitriol, stirring chaos and generally being disagreeable. I pity you.

Upvote 0