Canon EOS R6 IBIS in action

ronno

Pro
Sep 8, 2019
They already have the best sensors in APS-c cameras(M6mk2 and 90d) and from the sounds of things the idx3 is as good as anything in the FF market. So it is quite clear that DR is not an issue(it never was really, not for anyone other than spec warriors). But yes on the EVF issue. Having said that there is not an EVF on the market that has satisfied me yet

So anyone shooting a scene with more dynamic range than Canon sensors can capture is a “spec warrior.”
Ok.

Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
So magnesium body on the r5 but not the R6. I would then assume only one card slot on the R6 and that it will indeed fill the 6d niche. RP(and decendants) may well remain as a gateway drug to FF as the r6 is actually impressively specced it seems and will not be a super cheap body.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
But with the extra resolution to compensate. So in reality equal DR if you sacrifice a bit in NR software.

That was the very point of the recent DR wars :) photonstophotos do normalisation, so the resolution in their graphs already contributed to the DR value.
Noise reduction doesn't equate anything as you can apply the same NR to the D7200 files and 'improve' the DR of competitor.

But if you need 32Mp resolution, yes, the graphs from Photostophotos become irrelevant. Interestingly, I was criticised for a point similar to yours in this thread when I tried compare the noises at native resolutions.

Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

Dec 6, 2016
So anyone shooting a scene with more dynamic range than Canon sensors can capture is a “spec warrior.”
Ok.
No. Anyone shooting a scene with more DR than a canon camera can capture should be bracketing or using filters to reduce the DR at capture or they will be pushing the shadows so much that it will produce a crap image regardless of brand. One stop of DR performance is such a negligible benefit as to be irrelevant. So while canon may(tbh already has)catch up to Sony it won't make anyones images better

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
This comment was Definitely tongue in cheek. Guess I should’ve put some emoji’s at the end so you all wouldn’t get upset.
;)
It wasn't upsetting and Mr. Gupta didn't need to get his panties in a bunch either. I was just taking the high road and declaring the right thing to do. Yeah, once again, typing does not convey meaning very well without facial expressions, gesticulation and the like. Thanks Ronno.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Anyone shooting a scene with more DR than a canon camera can capture should be bracketing or using filters to reduce the DR at capture or they will be pushing the shadows so much that it will produce a crap image regardless of brand.

And anyone who wants IBIS should also learn how to shoot properly with steady hands!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

Dec 6, 2016
And anyone who wants IBIS should also learn how to shoot properly with steady hands!
Slightly different scenario really as IBIS(especially with what Canon is touting) can actually make a substantial difference in some(often limited to static subjects) cases whereas one stop of DR cannot. But it certainly should not be a be all and end all function

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Dec 19, 2014
Campag since 1987 baby. I'm just happy to see you're the 2nd fellow roadie here on CR!

1971 Schwinn Paramount, 1975 Masi Gran Criterium--one of the earliest California Masis, built by or under the direction of Mario Confente. I bought the latter new and had to save for a long time to get it. Also had a few other frames with all Campy parts. I quit riding years ago. In the "olden days," I used to see some amazing frames. Hetchins was my favorite. I miss those rides on quiet, winding mountain roads.

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
1971 Schwinn Paramount, 1975 Masi Gran Criterium--one of the earliest California Masis, built by or under the direction of Mario Confente. I bought the latter new and had to save for a long time to get it. Also had a few other frames with all Campy parts. I quit riding years ago. In the "olden days," I used to see some amazing frames. Hetchins was my favorite. I miss those rides on quiet, winding mountain roads.
Wonderful! LOVE those early Masi's. My current ride is a Ritchey Logic and I have a long history with steel framesets, notably some amazing 80s- 90s Pinarellos. I had a Paramount from 1987 as well. It was a bit steep of geometry for me after being on those slack PIns. (going crazy riding indoors right now with a couple feet of snow on the ground) Cheers!

Upvote 0
Dec 19, 2014
Wonderful! LOVE those early Masi's. My current ride is a Ritchey Logic and I have a long history with steel framesets, notably some amazing 80s- 90s Pinarellos. I had a Paramount from 1987 as well. It was a bit steep of geometry for me after being on those slack PIns. (going crazy riding indoors right now with a couple feet of snow on the ground) Cheers!

Paramount definitely steep; sold it after a year, but it was my first serious frame. Indoors--can't imagine how many hours I put in riding on rollers. Cheers back.

Upvote 0