Canon EOS R6 specifications [CR3]

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
Did Canon or anyone else ever used the dual card slot option for a camera that sits at the bottom of prosumer range?

No, but several of Canon's competitors sure as hell have given the option in mid-level cameras.

No FF camera is at the "Bottom" of the Canon prosumer range as long as the 90D, 7D Mark II, and maybe even the 77D are in the catalog.

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
lol you realise the D600 or D7000 had the dual card slots for donkey's years and it is there is many other smaller sensor cameras as well, which are getting cheaper every minute.

First it was only in the 1-series 1Ds Mark II, then it also appeared in the 5D Mark III, now the jump is two more generations, so it can easily appear in the EOS R6 as well, considering cameras are getting more and more expensive, so they have to have more features in return.
Just because the camera has two card slots, it does not mean everyone has to use them and on every occasion.

Don't forget the 7D Mark II in 2014 following the 5D Mark III in 2012.

Upvote 0
Feb 28, 2013
Been with Canon since 1976. Currently personally own 6D, 6DMKII, 5DS and EOS R and never used one of them for video. Im sure their are many photographers that don't use the video functions although I concede you need the video for live view. If the EOS R6 has a sensor that's good in low light at 20MP then its still going to be a good camera for Landscape particularly if its low noise. What the R6 needs to do is go back to the tried & tested control layout personally I find the Touch Bar a gimmick and turn off the touch screen for focus and firing the shutter. If they don't have a top OLED panel then the screen needs to articulate really well or that will be a negative. Personally I will likely go with the R5 for my 5DS replacement and keep using the EOS R as my 6D MKII replacement for Landscape as its lighter and the RF 24-105mm f4L IS USM is a great lens for landscape (I also use the RF 24-240 but at the long end only for now until I can afford the RF 70-200mm f2.8L IS USM).
I will transition totally to the RF mount as and when the gear is right for me.

Upvote 0