Canon has released firmware v1.0.7.1 for the Cinema EOS C70

Crazy how much of an impact changing the transparency of the WFM had on my last shoot. I shoot mostly with manual cine lenses, but I’m very much looking forward to trying out the new autofocus enhancements with my RF glass, especially for product commercials.

As much as the R5 was a huge disappointment, the C70 has just kept giving and giving. Love it.

Upvote 0

2Cents

EOS R5, 1DX mkiii, C70, R5 C
Nov 2, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
www.606.media
Crazy how much of an impact changing the transparency of the WFM had on my last shoot. I shoot mostly with manual cine lenses, but I’m very much looking forward to trying out the new autofocus enhancements with my RF glass, especially for product commercials.

As much as the R5 was a huge disappointment, the C70 has just kept giving and giving. Love it.
I hear you. I haven't updated my C70 yet but it's been a crucial updated feature on my R5c.

Upvote 0
I hear you. I haven't updated my C70 yet but it's been a crucial updated feature on my R5c.

Been shooting with it for a few days now, AF is very similar to the AF capabilities on the R5c’s cine interface and the ‘back of the head’ tracking is brilliant for following shots. Definitely an improvement and feels quite solid.

But dat WFM… nice.

No new bugs found yet. Still issues with the camera freezing when trying to control it via USB C or Lanc, but that’s been outstanding and unresolved for close to a year now.

Upvote 0