Canon Live Learning Worthwhile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mt Spokane Photography said:
I like Creative Live, its free if you watch it in real time, and for under $100, you can buy a license to view it over and over, or even download it to watch on TV or Ipad, etc.

Check out these six free workshops coming up.

http://www.creativelive.com/

+1
Thanks for the link! Just found out today my wife and I are having twins so the next upcoming workshop on babies should prove useful. :D

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Mikedurg said:
Mt Spokane Photography said:
I like Creative Live, its free if you watch it in real time, and for under $100, you can buy a license to view it over and over, or even download it to watch on TV or Ipad, etc.

Check out these six free workshops coming up.

http://www.creativelive.com/

+1
Thanks for the link! Just found out today my wife and I are having twins so the next upcoming workshop on babies should prove useful. :D

Yes, and their instructors are top pros in their fields. They are the kind of people who have made good and want to give back to the photography community.

Upvote 0
kdsand said:
I was just going to post similar question :).

I signed up yesterday for $100 (-50 off). I'm assuming mostly very basic but hopefully interesting. The other course does sound good but I hesitated at the $300 cost.

Its very short drive for me being out of N.W. Indiana.

Any one else going?

I signed up as well. The class on Saturday will be decent I hope. Also wasn't sure about the $300 for Sundays class.........

Driving from Madison, WI so it's about 2.5 hours away.

Upvote 0

kdsand

Newt II a human stampede
Nov 1, 2011
north west indiana
That's a bit of a drive.
I'm thinking the other hands on class would be great it but then I also think what else that $300 can buy. Should learn a bit more about video also. Never know when I might need it.

If you don't know the area the location appears to be right downtown directly west of Navy Pier. Looks like there's parking validation $8 which isn't bad considering how high it gotten lately - over $30 buck -ouch!

So its a small class with just 2 people signed up. ???

Upvote 0
Well, I thought it was fairly decent for a $99. It was great to be able to play with the 5DMIII and to have access to that many different lenses. The stores in Madison (very few!) don't stock near that many and are a huge PIA to deal with.

I saw the parking across the street was closed with cones in the entrance so I went down about two blocks.......OUCH.

Wound up being $40 for 8.5 hours.

Oh well. Had a great dinner at the Weber Grill and spent the night in Schaumburg.

Upvote 0

kdsand

Newt II a human stampede
Nov 1, 2011
north west indiana
Breacher1 said:
Well, I thought it was fairly decent for a $99. It was great to be able to play with the 5DMIII and to have access to that many different lenses. The stores in Madison (very few!) don't stock near that many and are a huge PIA to deal with.

I could've sworn they said something about parking validation before we left , the web site also mentioned it.
I left the car in Indiana and took the train.

I saw the parking across the street was closed with cones in the entrance so I went down about two blocks.......OUCH.

Wound up being $40 for 8.5 hours.

Oh well. Had a great dinner at the Weber Grill and spent the night in Schaumburg.

It was pretty awesome to try out the equipment - even if I'm not buying the X its cool to try!
I was very impressed with the view finder.

They sold me on the new speed lights it going to be one heck of a upgrade.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.