Canon Mount Adapter EF to RF Mount shipping soon

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
One of the hardest pieces of Canon photo gear to get your hands on right now is the EF to RF mount adapter. This little $99 piece of kit is important to a lot of new EOS R5 and EOS R6 shooters.
Our exclusive affiliate partner Adorama is showing an availability date of September 25, 2020. So you should probably get on your next preorder list as soon as you can if you want one of these things as soon as their available.
Canon Mount Adapter EF-EOS R at Adorama

Continue reading...

Last edited:

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
i just got the EF to R/RF with the ring so i can also adjust on the adapter the lens aperture and so on.
I guess it is similar to what this article say, it is just a bit more expensive because it has the ring built in. Am I correct?

andrea

Yes. As far as I know, the standard (no control ring) adapter retails for about $100 and the one you're talking about retails for $200. (And I, too, bought the control ring version, since I like more physical controls.)

But I think this is the one without the control ring.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
yeh i have the adapter ring and I really don't want to get an adapter without it. It was on stock on Amazon a couple weeks ago but I hesitated and missed it unfortunately.
Still, $200 IS a little steep.
Ah dude thats sour.
$200 is a bit for what it is, i think i paid $150 for mine but I mean... $4000 R6, $6000 R5 (after tax in canada) whats another $50-$100 haha. I hope your successful is finding one for yourself soon!

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
I ordered some "In Stock" refurbished adaptors, billed to CC and long since paid for. They now show as backordered and its been several weeks. I'm about to endure calling to complain. US credit card rules say you can't charge a card unless you ship in 30 days or obtain a waiver.

Definitely complain. I went from "backordered" to "processing" on a refurb order, and apparently, if a refurb goes from backordered to processing, there's a glitch in the software that causes the order not to actually be processed. I found this out yesterday (it wasn't an adapter, it was a 24-105 f/4L with an RP as an accessory :ROFLMAO: ).

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
I'm half thinking of buying one now for when I eventually get an R camera. Silly I know. I doubt they'll stop making them, and eventually they'll be commonly in stock.

-Brian

I did precisely that back in March or so (actually I opted for the control ring, and went refurb), and I am glad I did. But I knew I'd be getting an R5 as soon as possible. If you're thinking it might be one or two years before you do this, then in your shoes, I'd wait.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
It would be interesting to learn how many R users actually depend on the control ring on the lens. (Not just imagine it would be nice to have.)

I'm not an R user but rather an R5 user (I'm going to guess you don't care which RF camera, but in case you do care, now you know to disregard this or not). I assigned mine to the aperture. Most people I hear talking say they put the ISO on it, but it seems intuitive to me to control the aperture on the lens, after all it's a big diaphragm in the lens itself.

That being said I don't muck with my aperture much; under most circumstances I shoot wide open. I'd certainly not do so for landscapes or if I ever decided to do a waterfall blur.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
It would be interesting to learn how many R users actually depend on the control ring on the lens. (Not just imagine it would be nice to have.)
Full transparency, i got mine for the nice to have option, I've converted most of my glass to RF but am still waiting(hoping) on a few RF variants to release (100mm macro rf for example) ive gotten use to the ring and wouldn't want it any other way now.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0