Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Press Release:
New Lenses Under Development Cover a Range of Core Focal Lengths
MELVILLE, N.Y., February 13, 2019 – Continuing with the message of “optics at its core,” Canon U.S.A. Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced that its parent company, Canon Inc, is developing six new RF-series lenses, further displaying the company’s commitment to the EOS R full-frame mirrorless camera system. Canon’s new RF mount allows for fast, light, and high-performing optics with a large opening diameter and short back focus distance. Each new lens in development will help fulfill the needs of amateur and advanced amateurs to professional photographers and videographers, covering critical focal lengths. In 2019, Canon’s already well-established optical lens heritage will celebrate a production milestone of 140 million EF and RF lenses and the celebration starts with the development announcement of these six lenses...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
The "announcement about an announcement" is a bit disappointing esp. when Canon stays so nebulous with "available later in 2019".
But the ammount of lenses show how much Canon is pushing into this new market.
I yould have expected at least one or two together with the EOS RP.
So we'll have to wait some time longer to see what they can deliver.

Upvote 0
It makes sense to release these lenses with one or 2 pro bodies at the end of the year. Maybe they dont want to be ridiculed with a pro lense line and no pro body.
Maybe I’m a minority, but I am all about the pro lenses on the non-pro Eos-R body. I’m probably more into lenses than I am actual cameras...

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0