Canon PowerShot D20 hands on + photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I wrote this whole long hands-on recap/ review of using this camera over the last week while I was on vacation in Turks & Caicos with my family. But then I went to post it and got an "Access denied error"... So there went that.

To sum up:

I got this camera because it looked cool, then learned that the odd design shape is brilliant & actually allows you to hold it in a more natural way (groove is for left thumb- think like how you hold a lens in your left hand)

There are also some BAD design choices- like the top 3 buttons (power/ shutter/ playback) all being basically the same size, shape & height. I turned the camera off a few times while about to capture the greatest photos of my life. Why.

There were other things I wrote too, like how it's basically a fully auto camera with very few creative controls & there is noise all over the place, blah, blah, blah, but it's late now & I don't want to re-type it all. Thanks CR.

I still fell in love with this stupid camera because it actually is really smart, and nails exposure, white balance, focus, etc on every shot!? And the dynamic range rivals the Nikon D800. Probably not. But I'm happy when I can take a photo in the middle of the day on the beach, or in a pool/ large body of water- and there is sky and people exposed properly :)

With all that said (and not said), here are a few pics.

Pool View by Philip DiResta, on Flickr

Violet in paradise by Philip DiResta, on Flickr

Beach Girls by Philip DiResta, on Flickr

Blue by Philip DiResta, on Flickr

Beach Entrance by Philip DiResta, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.