Canon R100 ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 393686
  • Start date

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
So…no. A blog post by Bryan is not an announcement from Canon. He even states, “With a lack of fanfare…”

Bryan says it was "announced". He doesn't say exactly how it was announced. You can take up the definition of "announced" with Bryan. He's answered me every time I've communicated with him via his website or facebook page.

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Apr 5, 2016
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Apr 5, 2016
So…no. A blog post by Bryan is not an announcement from Canon. He even states, “With a lack of fanfare…”

Here's the full press release, which mentions the cord in the introductory paragraph and then includes a short section below after the sections covering the R100 and RF28mm:

Additional flexibility with Canon’s new OC-E4A

The OC-E4A is Canon’s new cable for the multi-function shoe, featured on several EOS R System cameras, which allows the new advanced range of accessories to be placed away from the hotshoe. It allows multi-function accessories such as Speedlites to be used off camera for correct lighting when shooting vertically to prevent shadows and reduce red eye. The OC-E4A can also provide power to devices such as microphones and it has been designed to enable use with the RF 5.2mm F2.8L DUAL FISHEYE lens.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Bryan says it was "announced". He doesn't say exactly how it was announced. You can take up the definition of "announced" with Bryan. He's answered me every time I've communicated with him via his website or facebook page.
He stated ‘introduced’ likely because Canon USA did not mention it. Thanks for the PRs from Canon UK, that’s an actual announcement.

Thanks to Canon UK, we know this hotshoe accessory is compatible with the 5.2mm dual fisheye lens. Yay.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Apr 5, 2016
He stated ‘introduced’ likely because Canon USA did not mention it. Thanks for the PRs from Canon UK, that’s an actual announcement.

Thanks to Canon UK, we know this hotshoe accessory is compatible with the 5.2mm dual fisheye lens. Yay.

His headline said, "Announced." You can discount that all you want instead of admitting you were wrong. Canon did, in fact, release an official announcement in London. Bryan did, in fact, state in bold type: "Also Announced Today: Canon OC-E4A Off-Camera Multi-Function Shoe Cord"

Admit it. You were wrong. I was right.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Admit it. You were wrong. I was right.
I’m not the one who’s pathologically unable to admit mistakes. Where did I say the OC-E4A wasn’t announced, such that I could be wrong about that? Spoiler: I didn’t. What I said was:
Was the OC-E4A actually announced? It has appeared for preorder, but I didn’t notice Canon saying anything about it.
See how that’s a question, not a statement? The issue was that your first answer to the question was not satisfactory. That’s on you. Then, when I challenged your inadequate answer for not addressing ‘Canon saying anything about it’, you did more digging and discovered an actual announcement by Canon. Then, I replied:
Thanks for the PRs from Canon UK, that’s an actual announcement.
So what should I admit here, that after a failed attempt you were able to correctly answer a question? Yes, I admit that you were right answering my question, at least on the second try. Well done, and thanks again for the information.

Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
Upvote 0