Canon RF 10-20 f/4L IS STM added to product supply status list

Jul 21, 2010
2012 was late?
Of course it was. So was 2018, when Canon entered the FF MILC market. I mean, DSLRs still outsold MILCs until 2020. Notice how that didn't happen until after Canon fully committed to mirrorless.

But Canon was late. Sony was way, way ahead. Except, you know, in getting people to buy their cameras. But in the most important way —the fevered imaginations of YouTubers and Sony trolls— Canon was way behind.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Apr 29, 2019
I wonder if Canon is being conservative in trying to manage expectations. The RF 100-300/2.8 is still on the list, but it actually shipped on time and has shown up as 'in stock' at various retailers including Canon USA in the past couple of months. The RF 28/2.8 was put on the delay list just after it was announced, but it was actually in stock at retailers even before the planned launch date (I didn't preorder it because the expected delivery date was during a planned vacation, but Adorama had stock before the trip and I was able to order it, and it was delivered literally an hour before I left for the airport).

OTOH, the RF 135/1.8 is hard to find in the US, and it's not on the list.
You can get plenty of those 135 1.8 in other regions. Possibly the US pricing of this lens is less attractive for Canon ...
Canon's RF135 and Sony's GM 135 do cost the same in the US, but Canon sells the RF for a 1.000 Euro higher price in Europe than Sony does sell the GM 135.
To which place would you tips the copies available in the role of Canon?

I got mine just over night.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Any reason to believe there would a difference, in terms of delivery dates, if your pre-order is placed with Canon Direct vs a large authorized seller such as B&H?

I pre-ordered through Canon because I get an employee discount. Initially I thought this could also get the lens in my hands sooner, but on second thought, I wonder if a retailer like B&H puts their pre-order in immediately upon announcement. If so, B&H orders would be at the front of the line.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

danfaz

Coffee Fiend
Jul 14, 2015
www.1fineklick.com
Any reason to believe there would a difference, in terms of delivery dates, if your pre-order is placed with Canon Direct vs an large authorized seller such as B&H?

I pre-ordered through Canon because I get an employee discount. Initially I thought this could also get the lens in my hands sooner, but on second thought, I wonder if a retailer like B&H puts their pre-order in immediately upon announcement. If so, B&H orders would be at the front of the line.
I've had better luck than others pre-ordering through B&H.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Any reason to believe there would a difference, in terms of delivery dates, if your pre-order is placed with Canon Direct vs a large authorized seller such as B&H?

Canon USA is rather notorious for not fulfilling orders.

Personally, when I’ve wanted something ASAP, I preordered it from B&H within a few hours of the announcement. I’ve gotten my R3, 100-300/2.8 and EL-5 from the first allotment.

Hours matter. The R3 preorders went live at 6a ET, I ordered at about 6:45a. Those who ordered before ~9:30a got their cameras around Thanksgiving, those ordering later in the morning had to wait until January.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0